Why does this happen then

Nutty

Reaction score
Nav 6 is set to curvy roads, avoid motorways.

On Saturday, I jumped on the motorway for one junction, as it saves a 20 mile detour. The Nav then changed the route, and wanted to keep me on the motorway for the next 4 junctions. I didn't change the routing preferences.

My Nav 5 would instantly recognise I was on a motorway, and would route me off at the next junction, as per my preferences, but the 6 disregarded my preferences.

Why?

No idea, mate. Maybe it's something to do with 'fastest time' or 'most direct' settings? Maybe it just couldn't see any way to give you the windy roads you wanted once you decided to join the motorway, so it kept you on it?

I assume you didn't plan / create your route in the first place, instead asked the device to do it all for you?

Wapping to the gps line

Lost rider on line 1

It happens because you are a Beta tester

You should have waited 6 months and stuck with Nav5 until they had sorted the 6

No idea, mate. Maybe it's something to do with 'fastest time' or 'most direct' settings? Maybe it just couldn't see anyway to give you the windy roads you wanted once you decided to join the motorway, so it kept you on it.

I assume you didn't plan / create your route in the first place, instead asked the device to do it all for you?

I did what I normally do, and just put the postcode of the destination in, and made sure the avoid motorways and stick to curvy roads was active. It just seems odd that the 5 would instantly recognise that you shouldn't be on a motorway, so routes you straight off, but the 6 just disregarded the preferences.

I guess it was upset that you deliberately ignored it's instruction and therefore decided to punish you.

Looks like the new Nav VI is female by nature ;)

To me that sounds just the same as if you have a planned set route and go off it and you have it set to recalculate, and thats just what it did. i may of course be totally wrong.

Wapping to the gps line

Lost rider on line 1

It happens because you are a Beta tester

You should have waited 6 months and stuck with Nav5 until they had sorted the 6

Nope, wasn't lost.;)

I'd have thought the maps/ mapping would be the same on both units, just that the 6 has more features.:nenau

So far, I'm not impressed with the 6.

I guess it was upset that you deliberately ignored it's instruction and therefore decided to punish you.

Looks like the new Nav VI is female by nature ;)

You could be right.:D

To me that sounds just the same as if you have a planned set route and go off it and you have it set to recalculate, and thats just what it did. i may of course be totally wrong.

But the 5 would recalculate to come off at the next junction, putting you back on curvy roads. This just ignores your preferences, and keeps you on the motorway.

Nav 6 is set to curvy roads, avoid motorways.

On Saturday, I jumped on the motorway for one junction, as it saves a 20 mile detour. The Nav then changed the route, and wanted to keep me on the motorway for the next 4 junctions. I didn't change the routing preferences.

My Nav 5 would instantly recognise I was on a motorway, and would route me off at the next junction, as per my preferences, but the 6 disregarded my preferences.

Why?

Using a BMW branded product on a KTM.It probably got confused,thought you were a boring cùnt and was trying to route you straight to the nearest tesco for a latte frappucino.........

But the 5 would recalculate to come off at the next junction, putting you back on curvy roads. This just ignores your preferences, and keeps you on the motorway.

Cheer up. Had you been pressed for time, the rain pouring down, you'd have been glad to have been instructed to stay on the motorway. Every cloud and all that.

Apart from avoid motorways you dont say what your preferences are, eg, faster time shorter distance, was it a route you were running or just asked it to take you to x, there are a whole host of variables that it could be, even as above, a glitch in the units firmware that may get fixed at a later date. or it could be that its the way it works.

And the same to you Arsey.
Got myself a nice pre-loved Nav V instead today. I hear they are going up in value............:augie

Apart from avoid motorways you dont say what your preferences are, eg, faster time shorter distance, was it a route you were running or just asked it to take you to x, there are a whole host of variables that it could be, even as above, a glitch in the units firmware that may get fixed at a later date. or it could be that its the way it works.

The preference is set to curvy roads.

Back
Top Bottom