Calling Bandit & Greg Masters

Phil Reynolds

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
During previous off-roading events, certainly Dave aka Bandit,and me have discussed the possibility of doing an off-road weekend in Wales at some point.

Well, having met Stumpi earlier this week, he transports bikes as a bit of a business. He can transport us and our bikes to Wales, and if he brings his bike & joins us for the ride-outs will do the honours for us at a reduced price. This could be a very easy option for us to 'do' Wales.

So guys, are you up for it? let's get some discussion going, and, see if anyone else is up for it.;)

Wales...

Just spent a day out in Caerphilly area....fantastic trails all in a compact space ... some of the best Ive done in ages.

Phil

I'd really love to do this, but I have huge diary pressure.

It'd have to be a September onwards, but not 17th/18th Sept and not 22nd/23rd Oct either.

And I want to organise a Hertfordshire Wombat Hunt and Fords Run. When am I going to do that???

:(

Greg

PS Check out this ford! :eek:

Attachments

• standon2.jpg
    standon2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 272
Phil

Yes I am up for a trip to wales, My diary is full up to the end of August also, but September/October is good for me.

Dave

I would be up for this as well if it was early in September, can't do late September or early October though.

Roy.

Guys for me it's looking like Oct 21st to 23rd, or 28th to 31st.

How are we for firming one of these weekends?

Phil Reynolds said:
Yeah I know Greg, but that still leaves the later date option though.....dunnit :thumb

The later date is good for me. I'll be taking my Pogo stick and should have room in my van for another if anyone else in the Reading area is interested.

Oct 28th to the 30th is looking very promising boys, anyone else care to confirm this date? - let's make it happen!! :type

I'd definately be up for it.

Done a bit of North Wales before, and it was great fun.

Clive, could I come up with you?

:beerjug:

carcher2k said:
Clive, could I come up with you?

The next time you're over this way we'll have a trial run at squeezing both bikes in the back of my van :)

Ok guys heads up. what I've found out so far is this:

The Lion Royal Hotel in Rhyader, Radnorshire, (check out: www.lionroyal.co.uk) which is a bike friendly hotel that offers secure parking overnight for bikes, and drying facilities for your wet gear. They also lay on a guide at a cost of £25.00 per person, who will lead us out on a one hundred mile off-road day out, (should we want to).

The charge for rooms is based on two people sharing (how cosy) at £30.00 per person per night, including a huge (their words) breakfast. They have availability at the mo' so I'm throwing this option open to you guys. Please post your replies here. :thumb

Just a thought, but it might be worth contacting the newly formed midwales TRF group and see if they have someone who could lead who would not charge £25 a head!! also if you want to do the lanes in south/south east wales the TRF group in cardiff or caerphilly m/c club may be able to help with showing you some of the fantastic bogs...er, green lanes around here!

October 28th to 30th is fine with me.

Just to confirm, this is pogo sticks only?

Back
Top Bottom