Loosing my virginity in Wales (a novice guide to an enduro event)

Excellent report, thank you Giles.

Compared to my ability Giles is possibly a riding God, which may be a slight exageration but you get the picture.

But I managed the event some years ago, and finished, albeit nearly last but hey I got round and still have the WTRA finishers slate to prove it.

So if you've half a mind to do it, that's all it takes.

Cracking report Giles, thanks for that. I'm hoping to have a green lane bike some time next year and this really gives me some impetus, sounds like a fantastic weekend and just the sort of thing I'd fancy having a go at. Nice to know it's within the reach of us mortals.

Excellent report, thank you Giles.

Compared to my ability Giles is possibly a riding God, which may be a slight exageration but you get the picture.

No no, you're not exaggerating ... I am a riding God ... :p :D

Good report & pics Giles.....I'll be heading to wales in 2013 to be officially blooded in......so I'll be in touch for some info....:thumb2

i too have the bug now mate, got myself a Husq 610 and apend all time on peak trails now

Fantastic and I wish id done it whilst I was trying to road race, a great lesson in grip and vision

Great review, nice pictures, must have been an amazing day! Only done one off-road course of about two hours on a GS-day back in the Netherlands, with my own bike, but hoping to do something similar as you posted here in the future, with a lighter bike than my 1100. Your thread gave me something to look forward to! Thanks!

i too have the bug now mate, got myself a Husq 610 and apend all time on peak trails now

Fantastic and I wish id done it whilst I was trying to road race, a great lesson in grip and vision

That's my old bike (and AndyT's off this site before me) - nice to see it still in 'the club' :D

Nicest off roader I've had and hope to replace with the same again next year :thumb2

Andres

What an excellent read. Thanks.

P.s. iirc, Pyndon on advrider did this race on his 950 Adv - rode it to the event, competed and then rode it home. no wonder hes doing the Dakar :eek

Its that time of year again
See you there!
Dropped the 990 in Strata Florida last year on day 2..........

Ohhhhhh such is life....!!

Bike all prepped, B&B all booked, and then last weekend the mother in law has a heart attack, and middle of the week my step daughter is involve in quite a nasty car accident and has had to have a reasonably major op on two broken vertebrae :eek

So I have had to cancel and Rosy is camping out in St Thomas's in Tooting. I am in no position to feel hard done-by!

Good luck and have fun (Michael - Les and a few others are up there and staying in Llandovery ... :thumb2).

I've just read an account of one mans ride from Pattagonia to Alaska, and I can honestly say it was less engaging or as well written as this blog, I will not embarrass the author by naming him as his effort was for a good cause. Well done that man:bow

That's my old bike (and AndyT's off this site before me) - nice to see it still in 'the club' :D

Nicest off roader I've had and hope to replace with the same again next year :thumb2

Andres

It's still in the club :D living in norfolk, just treated it to a new cam chain :thumb2

I've just read an account of one mans ride from Pattagonia to Alaska, and I can honestly say it was less engaging or as well written as this blog, I will not embarrass the author by naming him as his effort was for a good cause. Well done that man:bow

You should read one of my ride reports!:rob Utter drivel.:p But some good pictures of cakes.:D

Back
Top Bottom