Bike Parking Oxford Street Area - Help please

Repoman

Reaction score
My new job means that I am temporarily based in London and I am staying at the Thistle in Marble Arch.

Next week I am planning to go over from Ireland on the bike as I have a few road trips to do, but I have no idea about where I could safely and legally leave the bike.

The Thistle is on Bryanston Street: any ideas?

Thanks

The Thistle has an underground service area IIRC.....chat them up and you should be able to stick it in there.......don't do it direct, go to the security manager or the delivery bay guy.....they'll help you out better for a little bung ;)

There are a few bike bays on Portman square which is a hundred feet from the Thistle...you'd need to be there early though to get one but they're free...just make sure you lock her up well......

As a last resort, cover your number plate and tax disc and park her up in a nook or cranny..the wardens aren't allowed to touch the bike to ticket it and if they can't ID it, they can't ticket it.

Also it might be worth PM'ing Commuter...he worked in the trade not more than a few hundred metres away and I'd bet he'd know who to speak to to stash a bike.

Ah yerse........and there's Park Lane BWM as well...they probably won't be able to help drekkly but they may have an idea or two.

HTH

Many thanks Fanum - appreciated.

Portman Square sounds favourite if I cant chat up up a security man (a longheld ambition of mine) and funny enough I noticed Park Lane just the other day when I was running round Hyde Park in the morning but couldnt be arsed to subsequently go in for a gander.

There is an NCP right next to the hotel and the Thistle have a deal of 20% off their normal rates........of £30 a day!

Good road trip now coming up next week - Dublin to Torquay to London...hope the weather is good

I've got a big one...

Repoman said:
My new job means that I am temporarily based in London and I am staying at the Thistle in Marble Arch.

Next week I am planning to go over from Ireland on the bike as I have a few road trips to do, but I have no idea about where I could safely and legally leave the bike.

The Thistle is on Bryanston Street: any ideas?

Thanks

.. map that is. It's nearly 3mb so not suitable to show but I could e-mail it to you. Alternatively try this link and type in the location you are looking to park in.

Repoman said:
Many thanks Fanum - appreciated.

There is an NCP right next to the hotel and the Thistle have a deal of 20% off their normal rates........of £30 a day!

This is WRONG information. NCP do a cheaper rate for bikes. £3 a day. Double check on their website

Also look here

Remeber another thing as well. London drivers likes to kill bikers so ride carefully :D

And yes...I am anticipating that London will be an adventure for the Adventure. I am a bit of an ingenue re riding in London so I am planning to ride on the pavements for safety.

Back
Top Bottom