Remus and vibrations???

Bobby Boy

Had My 2002 1150gs 2 weeks now and just fitted a y piece and remus Revo, I have left the baffle in on advice from others.

Been out tonight 2 up and We have both notice a lot more vibrations through the pegs, from about 4000 revs, is this normal?

The bike has 6500 miles on it and is due its 6k service it also has engine bars on it.

Any ideas how to cure this, at 80 mph it vibes quite bad through the pegs, which is not good for touring :confused:

Bobby Boy said:
Any ideas how to cure this, at 80 mph it vibes quite bad through the pegs, which is not good for touring :confused:

Ride faster :D , indicated 80 isn't, its just over 70 :D

Pete A

Remus Vibration

Have the same setup on my late 03 GSA. Had lots of vibs on it, even posted about curing it. The service will help a lot, make sure you mention the vibs when its in for service and get a good valve setting throttle balance done. Also check the silencer mount on the rear pillion peg is not touching and the rubber is not strained (slacken it off and make sure it just sits square). Mine has done 20k now and from about 9/10k just kept getting smoother. Just put miles on it and use the revs it will just get better. :) :)

Did you tighten all the connectors etc fully tight one at a time ?

or did you tighten each one a little at a time, till they were all tight, so not trapping any stresses ?

Thanks for the replies, I have booked it in for a 6K and an annual service to be done at the same time, and I made them note the vibe's.

I will check all the fittings and the rubber mount again,

Thanks

Rob

I live just over the hill in Burnley. My 1150 has a Y piece and Remus can but have not noticed any increase in vibration from the original spec. Have a ride over if you want to 'compare vibrations'

Mike R

Thanks, I will take you up on that, I will pm you, the day before,

Just tried to pm you and it wont let me, might be because i,m a new user, would you pm me with your mobile or e-mail?

Thanks

Rob

I cannot send you a private message as you are not a site sponsor (it's £10 well spent!).

Unfortunately I do not wish to publish my details on an open forum, but when you want to come over let me know and I will meet you. I check this forum on a regular basis.

Mike R

Ok, had enough of the Vibes over the weekend so re-fitted the cat with the Remus, still vibes a bit but not as bad, cant say I noticed any loss of power with cat back on. Did some research on this site and others and no one seems to know what is the best combination (cat/ remus, y piece/original can etc) What I want to know is do I have to have the Fuel management reset everytime I change the combination of exhaust? The reason I ask is the bike is in for 6k service tomorrow and I would like get the right combo on for it, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Bobby Boy said:
What I want to know is do I have to have the Fuel management reset everytime I change the combination of exhaust?

no, you don't.

Bobby, fitted a Revolution to my bike today and thought of your probs. When you swaped the spacer from the original can what way in did you put it? The Remus instructions show it going in the opposite way from the original can. If put in as per Remus instructions you could have contact between the can and the footrest hanger, this would give you vibes,
Bigmixer

Bigmixer said:
When you swaped the spacer from the original can what way in did you put it?

Spacer? What spacer? I didn't have a spacer on either my original exhaust or my Revolution.

Bigmixer said:
The one that goes thru the rubber bush,
Bigmixer

Thanks I did put it through the remus way, but that is how it is with the original can??

Bigmixer said:
The one that goes thru the rubber bush,
Bigmixer

not got one of those on mine. bolt goes through rubber bush, always thought that was an odd fixing. i bought it second hand, maybe the spacer got lost.

doesn't vibrate though.

Bobby, on mine the "head" was towards the footrest hanger from the factory the Remus diagram shows it the other way round. I put mine on with the head to the footrest and a washer below the bolt head- and I don't know if it vibrates, I haven't ridden it yet!
Bigmixer

Mine is fitted that way also.

Had the 6k service today, made a point of asking the mechanic to check it out, he said it was no different to any other gs with a y piece and that I would just have to live with it or re-fit the cat :spitfire

Just been out and done a couple of hundred miles and the bike is much smoother with the Remus can. I was running a Y piece and standard can before. The vibes started at 4K before, now all is smooth uuntil 5K and after that it vibes but not as much as before. Now finding I have to watch my speed :D :D as the vibes acted like a speed limiter! Oh and as a bonus the noise is :D :thumb :D GOOD
Bigmixer

Back
Top Bottom