Denmark end of September

ovenpaa

Reaction score
We are going over the last week in September for a quick 4 points and coastal tour. We have been over several times before both by ferry into Esjberg and the long way as well, however this is only the second time by bike and first time by B*W. So is there anything GS related on Jutland or the Islands or anything that has to be seen or avoided?

Also can anyone recommend some camp sites around the very North in the Skagen area?

Got back from Denmark and Sweden 2 weeks ago , i went in a Defender camper , must have been the wetest, dampest place i have ever visited , still drying out the Landy . you will need to buy a camping card when you get there . the tourist information told me they had only 2 days of sun this summer , i missed them .

If still active on the GS front you could try a couple of folk.

Sanda and Eva have a much modified 1100 and are really nice folk, if he’s free he might catch up with you, and can certainly advice on roads up that way, his profile is http://www.ukgser.com/forums/member.php?userid=1003591

Also Mike keft UK to live out there so might help http://www.ukgser.com/forums/member.php?userid=126

Me bro’ lives out there but he has a Fireblade :mcgun so will be no use at all !

Ask Sander for directions to the lighthouse up there – disappearing into dunes and very impressive. See this thread for some pics – Enjoy !

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24031&highlight=denmark Please note sunshine - have car have rain :D m/c sunshine :thumb

Cheers, Fritz ;)

Nice write up and pics Fritz, it reminded me of, well, Denmark, for me it is like going home as I just love the place and my wife is Danish anyway. We have normally gone by car and only took a bike for the first time in July last year, it rained most nights but the sun did come out at some point most days.

The lighthouse is I think the one at Rubjerg Knude - if this is the case then it is just down the coast from Skagen and will be on the route we are taking to Dragstrup on Mors in the North of Jutland (We were married on the island of Mors last year so it holds fond memories)

I will try and contact Sanda and Eva as I would like to get off the larger roads, they are indeed very smooth and very straight but alittle boring after a while and the scenery can at best be describes as rolling, however the west coast around Ringkobing Fjord is nice, and at least this time I can ride up to the top of the dunes, something I did not attempt last year on the Daytona!

This makes me ralise how much I have missed the place, I will see if I can psot some pictures when we get back.

One final thing, I see you booked the ferry with MAG discount, can you tell me more about this please, it will not help this time, however there is always next year...

James Burton said:
Got back from Denmark and Sweden 2 weeks ago , i went in a Defender camper , must have been the wetest, dampest place i have ever visited , still drying out the Landy . you will need to buy a camping card when you get there . the tourist information told me they had only 2 days of sun this summer , i missed them .

Glad you said that, we need to renew the camping card, I am not really sure what they would do if you fail to present one at the sites. Can I assume then that you have had my quota of wet weather as well?

ovenpaa said:
One final thing, I see you booked the ferry with MAG discount, can you tell me more about this please, it will not help this time, however there is always next year...

Literally just ring the Co they use and get 30-35% straight off, if not more. Recommended :D
Sander knows a lot of the off/road routes and will easily point you to the best bits - and Eva was brought up on a small island off Denmark (well Sweden) so I'm sure your wife will find much of interest even as a 'local', can't reinforce just how nice folk they are :thumb

Look forward to hearing your tales ;)

ovenpaa said:
Glad you said that, we need to renew the camping card, I am not really sure what they would do if you fail to present one at the sites. Can I assume then that you have had my quota of wet weather as well?

I cannot find the reciept they gave me , as it has all the info you would need . However they allowed me to apply on site as i had my passport , Don'nt know if you could use a drivers licience . they were very helpfull . P.S take as much alcohol as possible , it cost me £10.27 for a Gin and Tonic , hope you enjoy yourself. JB

Back
Top Bottom