Thinking of Converting, I need 10 reasons..

thejackal said:
Why I should buy a BMW R1150GS?:)

You are a positive and assertive character who makes his own decisions in the big world.
:rolleyes:
Tim

Because.

1. It is a GS
2. It is a GS
3. It is a GS
4. It is a GS
5. It is a GS
6. It is a GS
7. It is a GS
8. It is a GS
9. It is a GS
10. It is a GS
:D

Interesting question:

I can give you 10 reasons why you should buy a GS but another 10 why you shouldn't touch a BMW with a barge pole!

You shouldn't!!!
If you can't make up your own mind ............then you don't want one of these on someone elses opinions me ol china.
Buy what tugs at yer gut feelings and stuff everyone else

Well here are seven from me.

1) Test ride it
2) Look at how much it will be worth in three years with 30K+ miles on it.
3) Look how much a V-Strom/Varadero/Caponord/TDM900 etc will be worth in three years with the same mileage. Now do the sums on the higher capital cost of the GS compared with what it is now worth and look at how little those 30K miles have cost on the GS.
4) Look a how little it costs to service compared with a Caponord.
5) Mmmm.... heated grips.
6) No chain to maintain
7) Grin factor (see 1)

Mike

Re: Interesting question:

thesanguine said:
I can give you 10 reasons why you should buy a GS but another 10 why you shouldn't touch a BMW with a barge pole!

Which is a contradiction but..OK, go for it, convince me, if you do I can walk away from a deposit, buy a different bike and still have enough for a filthy weekend in Budapest!
:beer:

Did this happen to You Mr Pict

Did this happen to anybody here,

Just wundered.

G..............

PS Nuver reason - Free Servicing in Felixstowe :cool:

Fancy trip to Norwich fa a test ride Mr Sudbury?

No.This never happened to me but the guy who originaly posted this thread was from the uk so its not just isolated incidents in the usa.Just pisses me off when you spend the best part of 9k for a bike that has this type of problem.

I'd be pretty pissed off as well, Picty, if there was any evidence that this was a widespread problem, but I don't feel that the thread suggests that. How many people have reported clutch spline failure here? Maybe just a couple of isolated cases, I'm sure we'd have heard more if it were common....

MikeMcO:)

Bawdy

Yes, I know it was a contradiction. What I mean't though is that the bike is awsome. Has it's faults it's fair to say, but as an overall package can't be beaten. However, I have been absolutely appauled by the way BMW and one of their dealers in particular have treated me over the last 4 years. I won't bore people on here too much by going into all the gory details (again). Suffice it to say however, if you email me on dontbmwcare@hotmail.com, I'll fill you in on the details.

I have to be careful what I say now because I think that BMW are probably watching and waiting for me to say something I shouldn't. I guess they can't put a gag on me though and stop me from giving people the facts and let them make up their own mind on who's being unreasonable!

Buy one so that you can find out for yourself;) and have your day .
and because Gendarme bmw police bikes were in the film day of the jackal::D

BMW rider; do I win a prize? if so can it be a pair of pillion footrest lowering brackets ;)

Back
Top Bottom