Mounting Streetpilot III on R1200ST

Wicker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know all you GS's will probably look down your nose @ my choice of an R1200ST, however as I have no off-road pretentions, it suits what I want from a bike.

Any of you have thoughts how I can mount a Streetpilot III above the yokes on this bike. I have the Streetpilot plastic cradle and also a Touratech alloy one which is currently mounted on my R1100S. My difficulty is that I have yet to find an off-the-shelf adaptor onto which I can bolt the Streetpilot. Touratech do not yet have an adaptor listed for the ST, and there is not a lot or space on the handlebar clip-on to use a RAM mount.

I have seen one ST with the 2610 GPS mounted on the tank using BMW's own fitting kit however this stops use of a tank bag.

Ideas.

David

Talked to Leigh at Rainbow about this yesterday. It doesn't look as if a Touratech-type bar can be fitted because what looks like large nuts on the yolk are actually bonded not screwed. His thought was that a Ram mount on the handlebar was the mosty reasonable solution.

P

Ted said:
Try this link. Its from the RAMUK at the top of the page.
shows a R1200ST :thumb http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/bike-mount78.htm

Ted, You stole my thunder .. I repeated this again last week and its works. Fitting onto TT bits, use a RAM-B-238 diamond base and remove the cable clamps on the underside.

I have always said this GS forum is well informed and is used many interlopers.

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom