new member from dorset

Bigbadbaz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all. I bought my GS adv back in august and have done 3000 miles and loved every minute of it! My plan is to do Europe and North Africa in a couple of years so any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am up for a ride out so any local riders going for a blast let me know. Cheers Baz :beer:

Yowser, pikeydave lives just up the road on the other side of Sandford. Spent my first 18 years living in Wareham! Welcome to... well, welcome anyway.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

18 years in wareham until you managed to escape then!

Welcome. I think there is a few of us in the Poole/Bmth area so maybe we should get together one day for a run up to zig zag hill and cranborne chase - not very "off-road" I know, but still a nice ride.

Bigbadbaz said:
My plan is to do Europe and North Africa in a couple of years so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

drive on the right -

Another bloody worzel joins us . :D

Bateman said:
Welcome. I think there is a few of us in the Poole/Bmth area so maybe we should get together one day for a run up to zig zag hill and cranborne chase - not very "off-road" I know, but still a nice ride.

good call.

zig zag hill: the nearest you'll get to the alps in dorset :p

Looks like the forming of the 'Darset Chapter' of the GSers then!

We need an old pub with real ale (and Guinness) and good food for events.

Any suggestions?

One that I know that's bike friendly is the Cock & Bottle at Morden (off A35)
(how did it get that name? (er Denzil pass us that hammer, this bottle's killing me!))

Another victim :bounce1 - Welcome :thumb

Its Brilliant in here - i get out for good behaviour soon

Welcome aboard,fella....

Phew,what a relief....not American,and not a 1200`er..... :D :D

Wareham........

:)

u wouldnt know a Donna Govier by any chance...from furzbrook if i remember rightly...

:love of my life when i was a kipper....used to walk from wareham and back to see her...ahhhhhh.

Bilks.

pikeydave said:
Looks like the forming of the 'Darset Chapter' of the GSers then!
We need an old pub with real ale (and Guinness) and good food for events.
Any suggestions?
One that I know that's bike friendly is the Cock & Bottle at Morden (off A35)
(how did it get that name? (er Denzil pass us that hammer, this bottle's killing me!))

The Square & Compass at Worth Matravers, and its reputed roadkill pie, there are few more pleasant places to sup a pint. There's usually an old Guzi rusting gently outside so should be biker friendly. Don't know about the quality of the food though.

Count me in on the Dorset Chapter

Andy (Upton near Poole)

Bilks said:
:)

u wouldnt know a Donna Govier by any chance...from furzbrook if i remember rightly...

:love of my life when i was a kipper....used to walk from wareham and back to see her...ahhhhhh.

Bilks.
Ha ha ha... christ. Used to live on Furzebrook road. I know the name but I can't remember where abouts they lived. I've a funny feeling she was one of the older girls I used to get the bus into school with. Scared the daylights out of me when I was little. Did she have a younger sister? Oh jesus, I think I've just remembered, her mum wasn't the school crossing lady down at Stoborough school was she?

Andy80F said:
The Square & Compass at Worth Matravers, and its reputed roadkill pie, there are few more pleasant places to sup a pint. There's usually an old Guzi rusting gently outside so should be biker friendly. Don't know about the quality of the food though.

Count me in on the Dorset Chapter

Andy (Upton near Poole)
Unless it's changed hands since I was last there, the landlord was a right grumpy old bastard. More often than not if he was going to open at all he'd lock the doors to the two bars and just open the hatch at the end of the corridor. It was alright if it was warm.

unhinged said:
Unless it's changed hands since I was last there, the landlord was a right grumpy old bastard. More often than not if he was going to open at all he'd lock the doors to the two bars and just open the hatch at the end of the corridor. It was alright if it was warm.

Its got a lot of character but we tend to go in the summer months when its outside drinking anyway. Its a great place to show off rural Dorset with the quaint village pond and cliff top walks nearby. The inside is ancient with low ceilings and litle rooms. Never had anything but friendly service though. It might be a nice place to consider as part of a ride in the summer months.

Welcome Daz I am in Poole look forward to seeing you around.

Back
Top Bottom