Abel Rideout - 29th Jan

Well I turned up, had a cup of coffee, and set off.

Pulling along the old road to the roundabout the bike gave an occasional misfire... Soon developed to misfiring on full throttle, to reducing the max speed of the bike. By the time I'd ridden from Baldock to Newmarket, it was maxing out at 55MPH!

As i was starting to hold people up and had a bit of a scare while trying to overtake a truck - full throttle and the bike slowed - I called it a day and took an early bath.

While Abelrider was topping up with fuel, I chatted with him and he said - "Ah mine did that it was the auxilliary coils" so I guess it's a trip to the dealers to get new coils fitted and have the software update and brake check and fuel pump seal all done together!

This GS lark is a bit strange! - I have a CCM - renound for their poor reliability and naff construction - yet it's the "reliable" BMW that's let me down! only used it three times since I've had it!

First time I used it I got knocked off by a myopic mobile phone user, second time was last weekend - I rode to Anglesey and back, 605 trouble free miles! Third time it brakes down!

Never mind I still love it!

Good to have you along. Twas fun, cept for my bike handling like a bag o shite. Time for some new tyres methinks. :(
walti said:
This GS lark is a bit strange! - I have a CCM - renound for their poor reliability and naff construction - yet it's the "reliable" BMW that's let me down! only used it three times since I've had it!

First time I used it I got knocked off by a myopic mobile phone user, second time was last weekend - I rode to Anglesey and back, 605 trouble free miles! Third time it brakes down!

Never mind I still love it!
Aye they are great bikes.
(I miss mine tbh, but the Z makes up for it.:D)
Was VERY annoying the twice mine left me stranded tho. :spitfire

Hopefully see ya out again soon.:)

Back
Top Bottom