Givi/Kappa Plates

Givi/Kappa adapter plate

Nope!!
You should get with the plate 2 Allen bolts which replace those holding the grab rail. They are shorter than the originals. Replace them one at a time, cos if you don't, the rear "mudguard" will fall down onto the wheel.
The plate is fixed by 4 smaller Allen bolts with nyloc nuts. 2 at the rear thru the slots in the top rear of the original rack, 2 with nylocs and plates at the front. The plates bridge the gap between the grids on the original rack. Before you tighten them down, clip the box on and make adjustment so that the box is as far forward as possible, making allowance for seat removal.
Should take about half hour in all. The new rack is finished off by covering with a clip on plate which covers the 4 bolts.

HTH

Ron

Cheers all. Bought the Kappa K89 kit today - 33.99 from Infinity Motorcycles in Holborn. All marked up R1150GS....

Had a look at work..... some meccano bits in this kit. Flat metal plate with welded nuts, bit plastic rack and a nice cover plate.

Plus two meccano angle brackets that seem to mount where the rear end of the OE pannier bracket fits. I hope these bits that seem to provide two further vertical mounting holes at the rear of the OE rack fit with the OE panner bits they affix on the same point as!

Half an hour... we'll see. Thanks for the one at a time tip for the grab handle bolts... would never have thought of that!

Paul

KAPPA TOPBOX

:) I have just removed an unused Kappa 44L top box complete from my R1150GS £100 will buy it and yes the Grab Rail is removed to fit kit

Couldn't quite get it down to 30 minutes as one of the meccano angle brackets needed a bit ot tearing to be square and the hle to line up.

Done in 34 minutes instead. Forgot to take the step by step photos I was going to just in case some other guy needed assistance.... DOH!

Quite impressed with the single page exploded diagram in Italian and Eengleesh. At least it was all there!

NB. If you have the OE panniers rails, you have to use the bolts as-is as the kit doesn't have longer bolts and assumes that they aren't fitted...

Back
Top Bottom