exhaust y piece choice??

jonb adventure

i'd like to replace the stock exaust system on my adventure for something a bit fruity i dont just want the noise i'm looking to improve performance as well there seems to be a few alternatives on the market what is your choice and why ? and do you replace the chip or not that is the question
cheers jon b

Sebring Y-piece (cheaper than Remus, made in the same factory), Remus Revolution with detachable baffle; choose your volume setting. Revolution comes with the necessary 'e' mark for road-legality and gives no hassle with most insurers. Choose from Titanium (light, durable, not very shiny) or Alloy (gives great pleasure to spend an hour with Solvol and achieve a mirror finish).

Run mine without the baffle and I swear that it is quieter than with the baffle.

This should give you a marked improvement in mid-range with no detriment to fuel economy. No change needed to the chip (closed-loop system, so compensates automatically). Check your Throttle Position Sensor while you're at it - mine was set far too low, correct setting makes a big difference to the way the engine picks up and 'blips' on downchanges.

JONB

Your not too far away in Stourbridge. Anyway I have a new Adventure (twin Spark) and fitted a Remus Y Piece and Titanium Revolution a few weeks ago. Definately better power and response and of course much nicer sound without being too offensive.

The only problem I encountered was that the idle speed changed to 1400 rpm and the throttle settings required adjustment. After reading about it on this forum I found it straightforward enough to adjust using a Morgan Carbtune. I also used high temp silicone sealer and this eliminates any air leaks and subsequent backfires.

Simon

P.S. I didn't find the price of the Sebring to be any cheaper than Remus, as more suppliers stock Remus. I got mine from the Ally Pally show for around £140 for the Y piece and £240 for the titanium exhaust.

JONB:

You could always try the Laser Pro D'Or system. I've not seen another one on an 1150GS, although there are a few around on 1100s.

Nice to be different. Comes with its own powerchip. Sounds fantastic flat out: more Spitfire than Fukker; slightly higher pitched than the Remus and probably slightly louder.

Attachments

• laser exhaust side.jpg
    laser exhaust side.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 447
I have heard there's a site with sound recordings of GS's with different exhaust systems fitted...

Does anybody know the address? :spin

Aha, thanks! Not gonna do this at the office though... :D

You could also try www.twobros.com no sounds for the gs but a good selection of exhausts and as an alternative to ohlins/wp shocks they do a range of fox shocks

exhaust upgrade

hey did you upgrade your exhaust as recommended and if so is it worth doing, i'm looking to do the same to my 1150gs....any tips ?

Laser Exhaust

Laser produced at least 2 different exhausts for the 1150 engine in the past and they have probably got one appropriate for a GSA.

Remember that they also produce the exhausts for the Boxer Cup bikes.

I agree whole heartedly with the Prof, had my Laser and chip in for 30,000 miles and it just gets better all the time....I must admit to the odd run home from central London after a day grinding my nose without the ear plugs just so I can hear the "Spitfire" open up on a twist of the wrist

Cooperman

Back
Top Bottom