Flip Face Helmets

RubberMan

I am looking for a new flip front helmet in the £200 price range. I have been recommended the Lazer Revolution? Is this the best buy in the price range? I will be using it with an intercom and usually wear specs.

If the Lazer is a good buy does anybody know where I can get one in Newcastle on Tyne?

TIA

Allroad said:
check out the Nolan range

I'll second that. Bought the N102 at the weekend for £180. Comfortable and definitely quieter than my last helmet. Neat sun visor. Definitely recommend the Nolan range.

i use a lazer revolution they are very noisy :eek: but i find mine a good fit, the internal fighter style sun visor :thumb doesnt suffer from misting even with the breath guard removed.

Why spend that much when a Caberg Justissimo will do very nicely - they even do a matt silver which funnily enough matches my bike and makes it go faster - people with other colour machines should take note as silver helmets can make otherwise mundane coloured machinery perform better :thumb

I use a Justisimmo... Tried the Nolan but didn't like it... Didn't like the external tinted visor.. Seems like a wasp and gnat collector!

Tried the BMW system 5.. Think this will be the next helmet for me, but for the moment the Caberg Justisimmo is great value (140quid delivered from thevisorstore in Newry)..

grandtrousers said:
Why spend that much when a Caberg Justissimo will do very nicely - they even do a matt silver which funnily enough matches my bike and makes it go faster - people with other colour machines should take note as silver helmets can make otherwise mundane coloured machinery perform better :thumb

another vote for the caberg justissimo :thumb earplugs sort out the noise and the internal flip down/up sun visor is a godsend, and it does not even get in the way with my specs on . i got mine for £130.00 from bikerite in glasgow.

I've got a Lazer Revolution and can recommend them.

I do about 15k miles a year, commute all year round and needed a helmet that did not mist up at all, and the Revolution is that.

The flip mechanism is ambidextrous and operates very easily.

I use an Autocom and it fitted very easily with no fuss at all.

The only criticism I have of it is that the double glazed visor isnt very scratch proof and shows marks quite easily ie you cant scratch off a bug splat with your thumnail as it will leave a mark. A new one each year will cost about £40.

The sunshade also goes all the way down, so you dont get any distracting refractions or vision impairments. Which is nice.

I think the Justissimo is a great helmet though, and fantastic value for money - but if you do a lot of winter riding and fog free visor is important go for the Lazer.

I should also add that it is suprisingly aerodynamic - more so that my last Schuberth Concept. Though this may well change depending on your height, screen etc.

Cheers,

Mike

I also have a good experience with the Caberg Justissimo - £145 four months back in the cool matt black. Having come from an Arai Quantum F I was surprised and pleased at the very good finish and comfort of the Caberg given the price (I also looked at the BMW Enduro which was cool but felt very cheap in the construction). The built-in sunshade is fantastic, the flip works well and I can drive along at 50mph with it up quite comfortably. Noise seems OK (I wear earplugs). Strongly recommended!

recently bought a caberg j1, seemed to fit fine until I closed the face and found my chin not completely enclosed. Tried a system 5 yesterday, a large size 64/65 did the job, felt real snug so I'm on the lookout for one of those on ebay now. Bloody expensive from the dealers but they were nice enough to let me try a few on so they'll get the custom if I can't find a cheapo one elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom