North West Camping

Pipster

Reaction score
Just trying to get an idea of numbers of people that might be interested in a camping weekend in the Peaks; loads of beautiful campsites in the middle of beautiful bike country. Basic plan is to meet up on a Fri/Sat eve, camp/BBQ/beer, talking shite all eve, etc, then ride all day Sat/Sun.

I'm happy to organise; maybe sometime in August ?? I'd plan to approach one of the campsites with a view to getting a large plot together, possibly near a pub...

Let me know :beerjug:

Possibly...depending on my shift patterns.

Needs to have good facilities in order to appeal to me.

Ideally within walking/staggering distance of a pub.....or have an on-site bar that isn`t like a stuffy,farty,retirement home...so typical of British campsites.

With no screaming snotty kids running about,either...... :rob :D :D

yes from me..but having work done on the house.....in August so when we have dates etc..
i'd be able to give a yes or no for defo........but the idea sounds great. :thumb

Sounds a proper rally..I can talk shite all night !!! I may try for this rally :)

I'm booked at the Scrabsters Rally to talk more shite on 18/19/20 August

I'll be in a veggie only tent :thumb

I could be tempted, especially if my old mucker kenny is going to talk shite all night.

Kenny...... said:
I'm booked at the Scrabsters Rally to talk more shite on 18/19/20 August

So is this an after dinner speaking engagement? What are your fees?

Bump

Pipster said:
Just trying to get an idea of numbers of people that might be interested in a camping weekend in the Peaks; loads of beautiful campsites in the middle of beautiful bike country. Basic plan is to meet up on a Fri/Sat eve, camp/BBQ/beer, talking shite all eve, etc, then ride all day Sat/Sun.

I'm happy to organise; maybe sometime in August ?? I'd plan to approach one of the campsites with a view to getting a large plot together, possibly near a pub...

Let me know :beerjug:

Just bumping it in order to stimulate the other North westerners out there :thumb

Camping peaks everyone welcome.

10 people out of 164 views is this really a forum for owners of ADVENTURE motorcycles? Come on guys live a little. :thumb

Where and when?

I like to keep my options open... but I'm picking up my panniers in the morning... need a small tent and sleeping bag, oh, and a mat I suppose?

My current gear was all Landy based were space, and weight for that matter, wasn't an issue :D

Camping weekend dates, everyone welcome

Hi guys

Slight change of location re the camping weekend, to Beddgelert, a camping site at the foot of Snowdon in the Snowdonia National Park. I thought it'd be more interesting, making the run out there part of the weekend.

I'm planning to;

- meet at the Lymm Truck Stop on the M6, early on the Sat morning. Make acquaintences over coffee, share the planned route etc.
- ride into North Wales, possible the coast road via Chester and drop down into the National Park, taking in Betws-y-Coed and finishing for the day at Beddgelert. The village has pubs and shops and B&B's if people would rather not camp (my wife and I will definitely be camping).
- spend the evening round the camp fire or in the pub, weather dependent I suspect..
- Sunday morning loop round Barmouth on the coast for lunch and head back via Bala Lake, Langollen, Wrexham etc

The trip is in part weather dependent, but suggested dates are weekends 12-13th or 19-20th August; can you please let me know which date you prefer/can make and I'll confirm once I've heard from everyone.

Everyone is welcome, but I want to keep this simple, hence the outline and dates suggested.

Cheers

Pipster said:
Hi guys

Slight change of location re the camping weekend, to Beddgelert, a camping site at the foot of Snowdon in the Snowdonia National Park. I thought it'd be more interesting, making the run out there part of the weekend.

I'm planning to;

- meet at the Lymm Truck Stop on the M6, early on the Sat morning. Make acquaintences over coffee, share the planned route etc.
- ride into North Wales, possible the coast road via Chester and drop down into the National Park, taking in Betws-y-Coed and finishing for the day at Beddgelert. The village has pubs and shops and B&B's if people would rather not camp (my wife and I will definitely be camping).
- spend the evening round the camp fire or in the pub, weather dependent I suspect..
- Sunday morning loop round Barmouth on the coast for lunch and head back via Bala Lake, Langollen, Wrexham etc

The trip is in part weather dependent, but suggested dates are weekends 12-13th or 19-20th August; can you please let me know which date you prefer/can make and I'll confirm once I've heard from everyone.

Everyone is welcome, but I want to keep this simple, hence the outline and dates suggested.

Cheers

second that !! if the weather fine i'd like to camp.. but the other half would like a B&B............i know the place rather well and most of the roads that way... and those dates are fine with me...
but the route in woulf be better if we kept away from the cost going in...i know some much better roads !!! ideal for a GS..

so yes i'm a defo for those dates... :thumb

I can manage the 12th and 13th August .

I can also provide a far better route from Chester to Betwys y Coed and on to Beddgellert or wherever the site turns out to be.

I`ll re-iterate that I would only be interested in a site with decent facilities, not a field with a stand-pipe in the middle of it.

Can we confirm dates please, i've got an event on the 12/13 August.......but could change my mind and come along if it defo going to happen...i'll need to know asap please.

terry :thumb

Back
Top Bottom