HP2 WEEKEND?

Vern

Toy maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I was thinking about sorting out a weekend for HP2 owners.Don't know where or when yet,but has anyone got any thoughts about it?

Maybe April or May time,and on a weekend when nothing much else is going on,so it doesn't clash with anything.

What do you think,a day on road wheels,followed by a day on the dirt,more of one than another,camping or b&b.

How about if I see if we can use the Mbw off road school for the weekend,so there's something for everyone.I've no idea how much that would cost to arrange,but if there's enough interest,I'll find out.

Who's interested before I go any further with it:beerjug:

vern i would be up for the of road school or why not trailer the hp2 down to Morocco for a week:nenau

Any excuse to use it off road would be welcome. Finding that I'm always on the GS and having done 1934 miles since Feb on the HP2, I had thought about selling it. Have even written up an advert!:confused:

Its either that or move to Wales!

Sounds like a laugh....only had mine a couple of months and already done 2000 miles.

not got round to using the dirt wheels yet as i have to much fun on the moto wheels:D

Just need to make it sound like a motorbike,been spoilt by the buells:eek:

how 'bout an HP2 trip to the Nurbergring....

Like that idea but these are the costs lifted from the Nurburgring UK web site. :eek:

http://nurburgring.org.uk

If you want to get an idea of all-in costs for a weekend trip, for a 'standard' weekend (out Fri, full day Saturday, half-day Sunday, return Sun afternoon/eve) from London by car, the costs look something like this:

Channel crossing: Varies, but say typically £120
Petrol en-route: Typically 2 x £60 = £120
Petrol for the Ring: Say £90
Bed-and-breakfast per person: £25 per night x 2 = £50
Food: 2 x dinner, 2 x lunch, food en-route, beer = £100
25-lap ticket = £232
Total = approx £700
Of course, these costs get disguised a bit as you usually pay for the ferry some way in advance, and pay for petrol with cards and thus don't get that bill 'till later.

Once you have your Jahreskarte, the cost per weekend drops to around £500. In terms of Euros, you can use credit and debit cards for petrol, Ring tickets and food (in most places) but you'll want cash for accommodation costs and miscellaneous bits & pieces. It's usually cheapest to get cash at a local cash-machine.

Optional extras available at additional cost include armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter rides. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:

Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
Replacing armco post: €39 each
Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
Recovery truck: €175 (inc VAT)
Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)
Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 16% VAT.

The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out.

That's a lot to ride round and round in circles.

I was thinking of maybe this place,I havent' got a clue what it would cost to take over for the weekend,or even if we would be allowed to,but I know the track day is clockwise in the morning,and then anti clockwise in the afternoon,just for the hell of it.

See what you think

www.thedrivingcentre.co.uk

Yes sounds great idea getting bored riding round a small island .....
I am up for any sort of trip or track day

I can get three HP2's in the back of my van ( two if you don't want any scratches :D ) and three more on a trailer. You lot then get cheap Easyjet flights to Cologne, I pick you up from the airport, we then kick some arse on the 'ring ( bet we don't see any 950 SE's about :D ) and Sunday, we all come home :thumb

Real cost would work out something like this:

Flights £ 60.00
Ferry and fuel for bike transportation £ 80.00
Hotel £ 50.00
Food n Booze £ 80.00
10 laps £ 80.00 ( I seriously doubt you will do more than 10 laps )
Fuel for 10 laps £ 15.00

Total £ 365.00

C'mon you'll LUV it!!!

HP2 Outing

Hi Guys,

A weekend off-roading would be great fun, in Wales perhaps, but can't drum up much enthusiasm for a road trip.

C'mon guys, these are dirt bikes - lets go and get them dirty!

Cheers, Rick.

I'm with Rick. Off road is the HPs natural habitat (and mine:bounce1 ).

Would be nice to meet up with other owners. Since I bought mine in June I haven't even seen another HP2!

I'd be up for an off road event, again road trip doesn't do much for me tbh... would rather take my other bike for that...

Tickle, your booze calc is wrong. I know
what you are like!

...ahh yes I forgot... that's £ 80 quid an hour. Bunch of lightweights - the lot of ya - especially that KTM520 geezer :D ( bit of a shame he hasn't got a decent bike as he could of come too hehe )

:dabone
...ahh yes I forgot... that's £ 80 quid an hour. Bunch of lightweights - the lot of ya - especially that KTM520 geezer :D ( bit of a shame he hasn't got a decent bike as he could of come too hehe )

:dabone :dabone

HP2 :pissl

Gonna be difficult to find a weekend when all the hp2's arn't in for the recall and orange re-spray.

Karl will only need £10.00 for booze cos he's such a lightweight, more whisky please bar maid.

hp2

guys we had our first adventure bike one day course here near sydney. Great info and skills . Wish i could come to morrocco with u. Some info on adventure rider

Back
Top Bottom