Can't post from my laptop

Steve

Reaction score
OK smart people. Normally I would sort these things myself, being "in the trade" as it were, but I'm stumped.

Since yesterday I seem to be unable to post to the board using my ntl dialup connection on my laptop. I quickly setup a Freeserve connection and that works fine (but costs me money), so I suspected there was a problem with the ntl servers. However, the ntl dialup on my desktop works fine (as this post shows) so now I'm stuck as to where to look.

Any ideas?

When you are connected using your lap top are you logged into the Forum, does it say welcome back scurrell top right of the page. If it does what is the error message that comes up when you try to post? :confused:

Paul G said:
When you are connected using your lap top are you logged into the Forum, does it say welcome back scurrell top right of the page. If it does what is the error message that comes up when you try to post? :confused:

I'm definitely logged-in and "cookied", but I get a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error the first time, and if I re-submit I just get a blank screen.

scurrell said:
I'm definitely logged-in and "cookied", but I get a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error the first time, and if I re-submit I just get a blank screen.

same thing when posting to advrider.

Just get back to a real computer, the size of a small house.

You big yuppie wus! :D :D :D

On a more serious note, I frequently get something similar from work when I try and post from there (lunchtimes only of course!).

It can usually be fixed by pressing the BACK button and trying again. Sometimes it can take several attempts.

Probably the IT Thought Police interfering....

Iain

I recon it's the squids.......
squids.gif

scurrell said:
Well bugger me!! It seems to have fixed itself.

I think we'll call it an ntl problem....

AKA Proxy servers... AKA a pain in the arse for sites with constantly changing dynamic content

Back
Top Bottom