TTR 600 - are they any good?

Bateman

Reaction score
A friend is looking to buy a low cost all rounder which will allow him to do the odd tour, ride the occasional gravel track, commute to work on. Needs to be fairly low cost. He has seen a 2003 TTR 600 which looks nice at £2500.

Are these bikes OK generally? is there anything else for similar/less money that is much better?

Yes, nice bikes.

Hi Bateman, TTR600R is similar in weight and performance to the XR600R and the DR650SET.
All superb bikes.
Heavy for the trails in Wales but if your a big bloke, not a real issue.
Stonking engine with loads of torque.
Fuel tank, as with the other 600s, is small so the purchase of an IMS unit from the States is required if your venturing in the unknown (Wales on a Sunday!) with more that 100mile in mind.
A mate had one for some time and the only trouble he had was rear wheel bearings needed changing, but it gave it some hammer though.
T.

Re IMS?

Hi I have a Yam TT600R Belgarda import, the one with Ohlin's shock and Ohlins USD front forks, a great bike, loads of tourque, comfy, reliable and cheap to run, as for the IMS, this is probly a firm that sells larger petrol tanks, any address or details, web site, would be apprciated, many thanks Dusan :thumb

I have a TT600 which I am looking to sell to finace an 1100, great bike for the trails. I purchase a 20Lt tank from Tourtech before I rode it down to Morroco, It cost about £220.00 and was the cheapest I could find it.

Not often Tourtech is the cheapest, I also put a set of metal mule racks on it, looks great and it all works fine.

Hi I have a Yam TT600R Belgarda import, the one with Ohlin's shock and Ohlins USD front forks, a great bike, loads of tourque, comfy, reliable and cheap to run, as for the IMS, this is probly a firm that sells larger petrol tanks, any address or details, web site, would be apprciated, many thanks Dusan :thumb

I used to have one of these...fabulous bike, blue rims, 80's paint job (Benetton) easy to work on, messy oil change mind you. Mine got nicked from outside my work in the West End about 3 years back, they turned up in a van and hey presto, bye bye! :(

I loved it...hold on a sec, you didn't get yours off a bloke in a van did you?...:thumb

i had one great fun..............89miles odd to a tank, seat like a plank of wood............i got excel rims and road tyres was brill in the wet and i had a arrow exhaust on it so it sounded wicked...........:)

Attachments

• ttr600.jpg
    ttr600.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7,233

Back
Top Bottom