I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

CeeJay

Well its time that I joined the dark side, and traded my VFR in for something much more sensible, but I'm really torn at what to do......

Only been riding for a couple of years and I've done all that on my VFR VTEC. (Thought it would be sensible as a first bike !!) I've definitely made the decision to go fo a GS.... But the cash flow dictates 7 grand expenditure...

So what do I do.... a standard 1200 or a 1150 Adventure. ???

I test rode a 1200 last year and loved it... So much more comfortable than the VFR. But I've seen the Adventure and it just looks amazing (1150 and 1200)....

So which way to go.... ???????

Welcome CeeJay,
How tall/confident are you? adv requires both :D

Welcome CeeJay,
How tall/confident are you? adv requires both :D

6'3.... had no problems with the 1200...... and sat on a 1200 ADv in the showroom and could nearly get my heels onto the floor as well as my toes... though to be fair that wasnt in my riding gear....

Confidence.... well im confident in handling the VFR at low speeds. And had no issues on heavier bikes like my old mans K1200GT..

I'm not a speed freak, though I think i may miss the full ahead warp speed moments on the VFR as the VTEC cuts in and the beast is released. Shame my head stick up well over the fairing and my legs are bent double !!

I'm about 6ft and have ridden/owned all the bikes you are thinking about. Your best bet is to go to a dealers test drive the bikes you fancy back to back and make your decision from there.

If the height of the bike you prefer becomes an issue, hold a couple of hundred quid back for a lower seat (Melvin Hunter, Corbin, Sargent etc)

Mike

if i had £7K to spend, i'd buy the 1150 GSA no question.

I've got an 1150 Adv BUT I would definitely try to get a back-back test ride of both - they really are chalk and cheese in a lot of respects.

I'm sensing a theme here !!

Now i wouldnt want to open a can of worms here being new and all that....

But we have similar views on the VFR site where pre VTEC owners and VTEC owners have, lets just say, slightly biased views, on the bike they ride....

Think I'm swinging towards the 1150 Adv though.... looks awesome....

I'm not a speed freak, though I think i may miss the full ahead warp speed moments on the VFR as the VTEC cuts in and the beast is released. Shame my head stick up well over the fairing and my legs are bent double !![/QUOTE]

I dont think you will, i sold my gsxr 1000k4 for the 1200gs and i dont miss
the suzuki.

I'm sensing a theme here !!

Now i wouldnt want to open a can of worms here being new and all that....

But we have similar views on the VFR site where pre VTEC owners and VTEC owners have, lets just say, slightly biased views, on the bike they ride....

Think I'm swinging towards the 1150 Adv though.... looks awesome....

...you can trust me :augie i don't ride an 1150 GSA. with a bigger budget, i'd say get a 1200GSA like wot i do ride :D

an 1150 GSA will depreciate less than a 1200GS + it's better looking & easier to service. slower & more cumbersome though. it's tricky isn't it? :p

Back
Top Bottom