Low audio on my Autocom/Zumo 550

JDH

Reaction score
Can't get the volume level high enough on my autocom to hear the voice prompts from my Zumo 550, have even tried just using the speakers against my ears sans lid:( but it sounds as if it's someone speaking underwater:nenau Any ideas anyone, I really want to have the voice prompts when I go over to France in a few weeks time.

JDH

There are two sets of volume controls - a master volume for overall levels, plus separate volumes for GPS, music, and phone.

Have you got all these set correctly?

There are two sets of volume controls - a master volume for overall levels, plus separate volumes for GPS, music, and phone.

Have you got all these set correctly?[/QUO

Do you mean on the Autocom itself John?

Can't get the volume level high enough on my autocom to hear the voice prompts from my Zumo 550, have even tried just using the speakers against my ears sans lid:( but it sounds as if it's someone speaking underwater:nenau Any ideas anyone, I really want to have the voice prompts when I go over to France in a few weeks time.

JDH

What interface leads are you using for the connections?

Rich@ Autocom

Using the specific Zumo lead from Autocom, I'm assuming that's what you mean:nenau

John

Just spoke to a really helpful guy at Autocom, Paul, who has given me a couple of things to check before going any further. Every confidence they will sort it out for me:thumb2

John

Hi John, that sounds fine I think I over heard Paul on the phone as he sits infront of me. Let us know how you get on and if we can help you more you know where we are.

Rich

Have you got all these set correctly?[/QUO

Do you mean on the Autocom itself John?

I am reading a Zumo manual.
There is volume control that you access by pressing the speak button on the front of the Zumo. There is another set of volume controls that you can access from the Settings --> Volume menu.

Rich, thanks very much, just realised your connection:eek: Nice to get this level of customer service.

John, thanks for that mate, have adjusted volume on Zumo to max already and still problem exists.

John

SORTED. Rich, thanks to advice from Paul today, just found out the problem, lead into wrong socket:eek: . John, also increased the Zumo volume as you suggested, I had done it already via settings but not via button on front. It's now louder than a loud thing!

Ta very much fellas:beerjug:

John

JDH,

Just so that we can learn from this and help the next guy.....
Which Autocom are you using? Which socket were you using to plug into and what was the correct one?

John

I'm pleased it worked out OK!

SORTED. Rich, thanks to advice from Paul today, just found out the problem, lead into wrong socket:eek: . John, also increased the Zumo volume as you suggested, I had done it already via settings but not via button on front. It's now louder than a loud thing!

Ta very much fellas:beerjug:

John

Hahahaha there is always somebody that doesnt read the instructions lol. I am really all is well now toh mate. Jobs a goodun:thumb

Rich

Hahahaha there is always somebody that doesnt read the instructions lol. I am really all is well now toh mate. Jobs a goodun:thumb

Rich

Cheers again Rich, I'm too impatient and I just don't read the instructions fully. Learned my lesson now though. Say thanks to Paul for me if you don't mind.

John, it's a Kit 200, and I should have plugged the rider cable into Aux.2 which I thought I had done, but when I put my glasses on:blast it was in one of the other two, can't remember which one:eek:

John

Back
Top Bottom