Reaction score
Having had one of them moments front wheel in hands bike on it's side :blast
can anybody recommend a bike stand lift jobbie,
i've seen them on ebay but which one :confused:

bike weighs around 110kgs :)

I've just bought one of these:

6d_2.JPG

Buy them here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B-N-I-B-MOTOCROSS-JACK-UP-STAND-HIGH-QUALITY-HONDA-CRF_W0QQitemZ260085798355QQihZ016QQcategoryZ122304QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£19.99 plus a tenner for prompt delivery. Decent bit of kit - all metal and pretty sturdy. Also comes apart quickly for storage if you need.

It has a metal top plate with a rubber cover which is pretty strong, and avoids the usual cheapo problem of plywood which delams pretty rapidly in the wet.

Lifts my XR400 with ease and holds it dead steady. Only down side is that the handle doesnt have a locking pin so you need to make sure you don't trip over it and dump the bike on the ground, but it's not a problem in practice.

Thoroughly recommended for the money.

LC

I have exactly the same one as well, great bit of gear that worked well with my 'Berg (110kgs) and KTM (155kgs) It does help to have someone with you to steady the bike when you raise it, I normally lift the back whilst my wife stands on the bar to raise it - just makes life a bit easier.

I keep thinging about making a small angle iron base with castors that you can drop the stand in to give the ability to move it around.

I have one of the scissor hydraulic ones for sale,as brand new and used only once for about 30 minutes:blast

Got a full table lift now so its for sale if anyone wants it. Cost me £100 delivered so looking for £80. Still in theh MDF lined box.
Postage would not be wise on this one. It is rated to 140kgs and lifts to 800 or so mm,s but can check it to see.

Here's the type of lift for sale.

Attachments

• lift.jpg
    lift.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 202
I've just bought one of these:

6d_2.JPG

Buy them here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B-N-I-B-MOTOCROSS-JACK-UP-STAND-HIGH-QUALITY-HONDA-CRF_W0QQitemZ260085798355QQihZ016QQcategoryZ122304QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£19.99 plus a tenner for prompt delivery. Decent bit of kit - all metal and pretty sturdy. Also comes apart quickly for storage if you need.

It has a metal top plate with a rubber cover which is pretty strong, and avoids the usual cheapo problem of plywood which delams pretty rapidly in the wet.

Lifts my XR400 with ease and holds it dead steady. Only down side is that the handle doesnt have a locking pin so you need to make sure you don't trip over it and dump the bike on the ground, but it's not a problem in practice.

Thoroughly recommended for the money.

LC

ditto i bought the same thing at the NEC the year i bought my DRZ (05) hasnt let me "down" yet ;)

:D

I have exactly the same one as well, great bit of gear that worked well with my 'Berg (110kgs) and KTM (155kgs) It does help to have someone with you to steady the bike when you raise it, I normally lift the back whilst my wife stands on the bar to raise it - just makes life a bit easier.

I keep thinging about making a small angle iron base with castors that you can drop the stand in to give the ability to move it around.

I've just gone an ordered one

Thanks for the replies
Mrs is buying me one of these for Valantines day :thumb2

Attachments

• 87b6_1.jpg
    87b6_1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 116
Makro's version does the job i suppose but not too compact :nenau

Attachments

• bikelift_190.jpg
    bikelift_190.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 108
And nowhere as high as the scissor lift. Xylo you have mail, sorry Tim he got in there first but you are next in line if he does not want it. Would suit the Berg just nice though:augie

Andy

Back
Top Bottom