Touratech's large tank on sale

minsukim99

I went to the Touratech web site and they finally are selling the large tank for the HP2; 1200 Euros. :(

Any word on HPN large tank? They don't reply my email at all on this subject.

I went to the Touratech web site and they finally are selling the large tank for the HP2; 1200 Euros. :(

Hmm, on the German Touratech website it's quoted as 1299 Euro inclusive of Tax at 19% and shipping which equates to about £875. But on the UK site it's £1091.90 inclusive of Tax at 17.5% and shipping.:rolleyes:

Rip off Touratech UK again.:mad:

So if you know someone in Germany I'd buy the tank from there and get them to send it to you, I do if I need any Touratech stuff! :augie

I wrote to Touratech in Germany about the big difference in the prices between Germany and the UK. They actually replied, but they avoided the issue completely. But they did say they have a distributor in the UK so that we can be provided with better service:D

I got my last TT parts shipped in from Greece and it was still cheaper and quicker than TT UK, I do wonder if it worth getting parts from TT Germany shipped to Denmark and picking them up when I go over but I think the TT tank is too expensive even doing that. I will keep an eye out for what the opposition release, failing that just fill up often or carry a spare 10 litres in saddle tanks.

ripp off

Dont buy anything from touratech UK.
Go wunderlich. UK prices are a rip off.
If you buy from them your supporting the rip off poilicy and things will never change - f****ckers

I ordered £1000+ of goods from the german site, it was transferred to the uk and they added 20%+, I asked why and they said exchange policy. I cancelled. What a joke.

Business case is a total f up. Dont but, dont buy. Wunderlich dont do that they have similar products

Wunderlich dont do that they have similar products

I'm afraid they do. Last year it was cheaper for me to fly to Germany for the day, rent a car, drive to Wunderlich and then return back to London - and still save over £250 :eek: . Unfortunately the baggage allowance is no longer 20kgs so not sure it's still viable but it's certainly worth checking depending on what you're buying.

Just a suggestion but have you guys looked at the Swiss site prices?

Some of them are even lower than the German site...eg 60mm bar risers for f650

I tried buying from France and the Netherlands but the dealers insisted I purchased from my home country. I also found that most distributors don't hold a great deal of stock - you pay for your order then they order it in for you.

The only way I could achieve my savings was by going direct to the Wunderlich shop in Germany and even then they didn't have all the parts I wanted in stock. They speak good English and I telephoned Wunderlich to make sure what they had ready for me to pick up on the day of my visit :thumb2

Luckily Denmark does not have any such aftermarket dealerships for the big guys so if you order from DK it comes from Germany and the prices are considerably lower.

I have an address in DK where things can be posted and forwarded to the UK from if that helps anyone :)

Is it possible to paint them? or the paint is going to peal off a month later?

Is it possible to paint them? or the paint is going to peal off a month later?

As far as painting is concerned, I am not sure what kind of plastic they are mad of...

One thing I have notice through Touratech's web site (pictures and explanation), it doesn't look like it's replacing the current tank. It seems to be an add-on tank placed where the side panel should be: Am I assuming right?

As far as painting is concerned, I am not sure what kind of plastic they are mad of...

One thing I have notice through Touratech's web site (pictures and explanation), it doesn't look like it's replacing the current tank. It seems to be an add-on tank placed where the side panel should be: Am I assuming right?

yes, you are right!
they did the same thing like with R1200GS - 2 adds on, each one is about 8,5L, it sould bring the overall capacity to ~30L of petrol.

Out of interest, does anyone know why fuel tanks are soooo expensive? :nenau £1000 for a steel container seems a bit rich like :eek

Out of interest, does anyone know why fuel tanks are soooo expensive? :nenau £1000 for a steel container seems a bit rich like :eek
More likely to be plastic, I guess it is a mix of extended development time, a very limited market and a product with a Touratech label

Back
Top Bottom