radar detectors

Not sure about the legality but I`ve got one....a Cobra.

(No,you pisstakers,it isn`t on one of the Urals :D )

I`ve hardly used it in months though.....the GS speedo is so over optimistic that there`s not much chance of being done for speeding as long as you`re observant. ;)

I've got one as well, as part of a NEO 6 GPS and laser/radar detector.

I'm with Tarka though, it's not really needed.

Observation should be enough :)

....far as I know - they are still legal, but there is a law being passed that will make this type illegal. :(

GPS-based units cannot be made illegal, however.

Get yourself an Inforad GPS based warning device - I can't recommend them enough :rob

Al :thumb2

I just bought a Laser jammer with a wireless LED visor mounted indicator to warn of Laser guns, and I have an Inforad GPS device for the cameras.

I just bought a Laser jammer with a wireless LED visor mounted indicator to warn of Laser guns, and I have an Inforad GPS device for the cameras.

If you want to risk getting locked up for attempting to pervert the course of justice and having your bike/car seized as evidence then carry on. The latest hand held laser devices tell the operator when the beam is being jammed or disrupted.

I just don't think it's worth it.

As for laser detectors, they're good for identifying fixed site locations. As for mobile / hand held....by the time they've alerted you that your being targeted it's too late, the operator already has the reading.

Whats wrong with obeying the speed limit, after all, you only (usually) find speed enforcement within 30, 40 & 50 limits ?

As for laser detectors, they're good for identifying fixed site locations. As for mobile / hand held....by the time they've alerted you that your being targeted it's too late, the operator already has the reading.

That is true if you are a lone vehicle. Often, you pick up stray energy from those being selected as a warning.... I have been using radar & later laser detectors for 15 years now & their use has saved me from several "go to jail tickets"....
Sure, you pick up spurious signals from traffic lights & garage door openers but if you go the same route, it acts as a third eye...... I use it in conjunction with GPS camera way points to keep me "aware"....:angel

Back
Top Bottom