Standing up in tents...

Rev Chuck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know, sorry the old tent discussion thing again.:augie
I have got to the point where I cannot be bothered with grovelling about on my backside trying to put my trousers on, or having to stand out in the mist and cold to put my jacket on. Therefore, I'm looking for something a bit taller than the usual 130-145 cm height of yer bog standard basic tents that I can stand up in - and no Oblertone, I don't want, nor need, a teepee!:D
So anyone used one of these?
http://www.simplyhike.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?StockID=18876&Affiliate=Shopzilla

Or what have you got that has height to stand in but does not cost an arm and a leg, or weigh an inordinate amount.:beerjug:
TIA:thumb2
Chuck

Of course you do ...

... it'll come in handy post-defrocking :D

Attachments

• Llangollen07 tipi.jpg
    Llangollen07 tipi.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 299
Er ...

... what happened to the Wolfcamper post :nenau

Looks like a pretty good alternative to the Tentipi ;)

Attachments

• wolfcamper.jpg
    wolfcamper.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 280
I deleted it as instead of reading the whole post I got over excited about extolling the virtues of my tipi. I didn't see the bit about no tipis until your post so thought I should remove it. It's good value for money and packs relatively small for a big tent and I reckon and it's super cumfy!

The 'no tipi' bit ...

I deleted it as instead of reading the whole post I got over excited about extolling the virtues of my tipi. I didn't see the bit about no tipis until your post so thought I should remove it. It's good value for money and packs relatively small for a big tent and I reckon and it's super cumfy!

... was just the Rev being over sensitive since i parked my wonderful christmas pressie next to his eurohike hovel at Llangollen; he'd secretly love one :D

Limited..

Tricky Rev, but you could be a bit limited with choices here..

However some of the double sleeping compartment tents can have quite tall central sections, such as the kyhams. But they are car camping tents and not really small to pack, also a pain to errect on your own!

There are : http://www.tents-direct.co.uk/show_tent.php?productid=1003

Bit pricy.. but the nomad gear used to be well made and light weight. I havent seen one their tents in a long time.

Though you hate them.. the tipi style tents tend to be the best for height, weight and packsize ratio.. ( Oh I am hoping to be stocking them too soon :thumb )

One of these any good to you Charles?

115174046-M.jpg

Possibly too big, but certainly tall enough to stand in......MMOB next to this one

115181380-M.jpg

Have a look here Charles one of them should do the job........ You could take confessionals as well. HTH.

Charles, a simple solution to your problem.

Dig a 4ft hole and pitch your tent over it.

Don't forget that the smaller your tent, the warmer it will be... Tall tents allow all the body heat to float up above the sleepers...

As do tents with sides made from mosquito netting as Boz found out at Llangollan :D

Al...

Back
Top Bottom