Are there only unhelpful people working at Cannon BMW Braintree

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be good if they replied to this damming tale of woe :)

I somehow expect them to respond quicker to this than to the customers problem. :D
Yes they have indeed replied a lot faster than expected:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Here is the e-mail i received this morning
"Subject: RE: Letter to Cannon

Dear Mr Appel,

I have received your e-mail and will be pleased to look into your concerns when I have your confirmation that your abusive diatribe on UKGSER.COM has been removed and you publish an apology for your outrageous behaviour to both myself and my staff.

Regards

Bill Cannon BScHons.

I think i slipped into a parallel universe where nothing makes sense anymore.I obviously was wrong to complaint after only having the bike in 3 times without it being fixed

Judging from the title of this thread and the way you have written this................I would honestly be amazed if the dealer in question let you back in again.!!!!!
Well, that seems to sum up the situation. I also am living in a foreign country and find it very difficult to restrain myself when dealing with the locals; it is often difficult not to offend and it is better to 'climb down' and blame the language barrier -IF you want to resolve a problem!

Looks as though BMW UK are the next port of call.

UKGSER link or not (This is a public forum after all) Cannons service simply wasn't good enough.

Perhaps Mr Cannon would like to admit whether or not he thinks the version of events put forward on the forum is accurate or not... :confused:

Perhaps Mr Cannon would like to admit whether or not he thinks the version of events put forward on the forum is accurate or not... :confused:

You've forotten the BScHons. :nono (i think thats the right smilie)

So glad Cannon BMW aren't my local dealer - if this is the reply they send to a complaint without even trying to sort out the complaint then they aint worth the effort or money.

Good customer service should be the principle behind any service - clearly Cannon are interested only the money and its a big 'feck you very much' after you've paid

Do they know what they are doing??
My GSA1200 developed a a little problem a little while back.The red Triangle of Death(Brake failure) came on and my speedo going ballistic.After reading up on it on here and suffering a Heart attack or 2(the final drive doing his thing:rolleyes:).
As the bike was still within warranty (by 4 days:rolleyes::eek:) and i had her booked in anyway for a service i was a bit upset but not to alarmed as she still was in warranty.
When i phoned Canon i told them what i read on here and ask them to please check the final drive as well.
The service was done and when i ask about the final drive they said it was all within the limits.!?
Now i do not know anything about bikes so i got to believe what they tell me.Also they said that it was only a faulty sensor.
Ok fast forward around 500 miles and a couple of weeks and the light came back on.I brought her back and ask them to check it out.I was than told that this was a different problem and they could not replicate it:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I than did our Charity run the longest day where we traveld 1900 miles in 4 days and yes the light came back on.
Again dropped her of at Cannon's and told them that i would be away on buisness for a week and i fully expect the bike to be sorted when i pick her up.
I than phoned the following Friday cause i did not hear anything from them at all during the week.Where i was told that the bike was ready but there would be a small charge.I was to pay for 45 min. labour for taking my after market bits of.(both covers for brake reservoir):spitfire.
I nearly lost it on the phone and ask if there would be Management in the shop on Saturday when i was coming to pick the bike up,which was confirmed.
When i arrived on Saturday i did ask if they please! could tell me which parts they had taken of so i could understand where the 45 min came from.Girl behind the counter than said she had to ask the Mechanic as it was not on the job file:confused:.When she came back she told me there was a mistake as they only would charge me for 20 min.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
She also told me that all 3 times it was the same problem and they did change some ABS thingy which lives under the Tank:confused::confused: as i dont have anything in writing i can not tell you what it was.I was so angry at the time i forgot to write it down and forgot what it was:rolleyes:
My reply was that the mistake was them trying to charge me and that i wanted to speak to management.I was than told that the Manager was given VIP tickets to Goodwood and was not in.I than ask for the person in charge and was told there was nobody!!!! in charge.As my voice was getting louder at that point she handed me the keys to my bike and told me the Manager would phone me on Tuesday about the outstanding Payment.Which of course did not happened:rolleyes:
and guess what.Yesterday after 75 miles from picking the bike up again the lights where back on:spitfire:spitfire:spitfire:mcgun
I also noticed that at a steady speed at around 2500-3000 she started to surge a lot now,just not all the time.I is also heavier at the same time when the Speedo does his "ballistic" thing again.
I have now done around 4000 miles with that problem,can that still be the final drive causing it??
Now the question i have is.
What would be the best way to go about this whole thing?I lost all confidence in Cannon but i think they should sort the problem as they where dealing with it from the beginning.Is there a place(Head Office BMW maybe) where you can complain about Dealer ships?
Pete
As i said my voice was getting louder but at no point did i scream or swear at people

breath in

breat out

breath in

Hummmmmmmm
ok a bit calmer now
Just come back from Cannon BMW where i spoke to the customer Service Manager:rolleyes:
I just said remember me i just picked up my GSA last week.
Oh yes,Hallo how are you?
-Just wanted to let you know that my Warning light is back on
looks at colleague - oh i just know what soandso downstairs is gone say
Colleague rolls eyes _what
-that the ABS control unit is faulty
-what the new one we just put in?
-yep he always blames them
Not one of the B*&%* was looking at me while they where talking,no one apologised to me about anything.
So i eventually interrupted there little Lunch time chat and said
-So what is gone happen now?
CSM-what do you want us to do?
count slowly to 10
and again
-How about fix my bike?
CSM- that is what we are trying,we are not doing this on purpose.Our equipment is not picking up the fault
-so what are you going to do
CSM- oh we got to phone BMW up
- why would that be
CSM- so they can tell us what to do
- will i get at least a courtesy bike in the mean time?
CSM- no we phone you when we heard from BMW
At this point i had to leave the Dealer ship as i would have lost it otherwise and hit him
There was just absolutely no interest in giving good service9or any form of service,for that matter)
So i guess its time to send a E-mail to head office.Now has anyone on here done that sort of thing before and maybe could give me a hand with that.As English is not my first language i want to make sure that the E-mail is 100% right and i use the right words/point out the facts correctly
Cheers Pete

No i think i want to go all the way to head office.I just think that we sometimes should stand up a bit more for our rights.I mean this is a bike which cost me the better part of £8000 and now i have a problem(still in Warranty) and nobody seems to give a S***.
I just think we should complain if the Service is not good enough
Well about my first Language,have a guess:ronno:ronno:D
p.s. Intelligent Friend?That is pushing it a bit.After 2 WW we don't have a lot of friends left:mmmm:D:D:D

Dir Sir, i owe you many Beer tokens:bow:bow
Honest
Thank you very much
I shall send them of in the morning

Dont you tempt me:rob
Would love to do my :ronno impersonation
or maybe walk up and down with a big banner saying: Cannon BMW %&*@#~
Maybe these(highlighted) words where not the best choice.I did not mean them as a personal attack on anyone at Cannon BMW and i apologize for the use of these words.
But
The rest is absolutely true.As stated before English is not my first Language and i still think that Cannon BMW Customer service is not what it should be.I think that the E-mail i received proves my point.
After paying so much for a Motorbike from BMW,Traveling 4 times the 30 odd miles one way to Cannon(plus my wife in the car,cause i needed a lift back.All this because i could not get a Loan Bike) and the fault still not being fixed.Is it really that surprising that i am unhappy with the (Non) i received?

With all due respect to Mr. 'Vader' although his complaint with the dealer may be valid on the face of it, that's all we have to go on.

I wonder what the other version of events are (if there is one)? :nenau

I'd contact BMW customer services at Bracknell and report the events to an individual who you can mail directly and forward any an all correspondance inclusive of this public forum posting!

Good Luck I wish you well

I have experience of the Bloody Mindedness of certain individuals in my local dealership of which I am no position to take any action whatsoever!

I did like the idea of unloading a large slurry tanker for of pig doo doo's down the bank from the motorway but decided this was a most childish and iresponsible action.
I then decided that thier own actions or "lack of" would see their undoing in the years to come! Which seems to be happening :aidan :aidan

With all due respect to Mr. 'Vader' although his complaint with the dealer may be valid on the face of it, that's all we have to go on.

I wonder what the other version of events are (if there is one)? :nenau
True indeed:thumb2
I would love to hear Mr.Cannon's site of the story as i have ever only dealt with the 2 individuals(one of them the Customer Service Manager) behind the customer service desk as no one else was available:rolleyes:

True indeed:thumb2
I would love to hear Mr.Cannon's site of the story as i have ever only dealt with the 2 individuals(one of them the Customer Service Manager) behind the customer service desk as no one else was available:rolleyes:

Get your bike up to Motorrad central west yi'll not get any shite there:thumb

LV, Not again!

LV, Sorry to hear you are still having problems.
BMW uk is now the best way to go. After reading your posts I don't think there has been any reason why the problem should have been sorted out by now and think the dealers have a cheek to try and get you to appologise..:thedummy

After the BMW dealer that sold me my bike also sold me a second hand crash helmet I went straight to BMW uk and promised to kick up a fuss. Funny enough a courier turned up and picked up the helmet from me and a cheque arrived a few days later with a very appologetic letter..:)

Stand by your guns, give em hell and make them sort it. Try http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
They may be able to help as well.

Good luck with them and hope everything is sorted soon

To be honest, in my opinion, and it is only my opinion, I don't think you'll help your cause by posting on here. I think a forum is useful to get advise, but the moment you start mentioning names etc, its really difficult for it to go smoothly. I'd always suggest directing a call and letter to the head of the dealership, followed swiftly by the same to BMW if the response is not satisfactory.

I agree

To be honest, in my opinion, and it is only my opinion, I don't think you'll help your cause by posting on here. I think a forum is useful to get advise, but the moment you start mentioning names etc, its really difficult for it to go smoothly. I'd always suggest directing a call and letter to the head of the dealership, followed swiftly by the same to BMW if the response is not satisfactory.

If you start a thread refering to people as morons - and then direct their attention to the site -you are asking for trouble; (When I left the UK you had to be very friendly with someone to be able to call him a moron. has that changed?)

I know it's all very subjective since we weren't there... but
from the way Lord Vader's posts are written they seem like a reasonable believable description of his treatment at the hands of Cannon... they don't seem like over exaggerated claims and contain pretty specific details at times.

now some of LV's words were a bit strong but if he was being treated below the standards he was expecting from the dealer and their lack of skill in fixing the problem so many times i can understand how he could be so aggrieved.

Now When Times are getting tighter and less bikes are being sold you would think customer care would be at the fore in a dealership... if what LV has described happened the way it did it shows a real lack of customers care and in by the way they tried to charge (and charge quite a bit to remove a couple of guards)to rectify a fault they were meant to have fixed in the first place makes them look like they are clearly not looking after their customers... if LV hadn't questioned the charge he would have been stung for the full whack.

I Also find it interesting that only when this bad treatment has been posted on an internet site with thousands of members that the dealership sits up and takes notice. From what i can see looking in from the outside if the Customer Service Manager was clearly not doing his job and from LV's posts has treated the customer as a nuisance rather than a person with a valid complaint that Cannons have not solved in 3 attemps.

As for Bill Cannon BScHons. (Is that Bronze Swimming certificate:augie)
responce... holding back the customers right to have his bike repaired until the customers account of his poor treatment is removed from this site.
and worse still HE's the one looking for a printed apology for what it seems was appalling treatment by his dealership to this customer....

I think that just shows to all the kind of persons you are dealing with:(
acts like this will do nothing for Cannons as a dealership when people pick who to buy from or get their bikes serviced at... more concerned with hiding an complaint that trying to solve and rectify the causes of it.

As for Bill Cannon BScHons. (Is that Bronze Swimming certificate:augie)
responce... holding back the customers right to have his bike repaired until the customers account of his poor treatment is removed from this site.
and worse still HE's the one looking for a printed apology for what it seems was appalling treatment by his dealership to this customer....

I think that just shows to all the kind of persons you are dealing with:(
acts like this will do nothing for Cannons as a dealership when people pick who to buy from or get their bikes serviced at... more concerned with hiding an complaint that trying to solve and rectify the causes of it.

Tuned is right - poor customer service, which is what this looks like (plus the obnoxious email from Mr Cannon), should be sorted out well before any complaining emails are sent from organisation to customer. Maybe Mr Cannon should take a deeper look at how his business is being run - sounds like a dealership to avoid at all costs.

There is no excuse for poor service

don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the treatment or justifying it, I'm just saying that its usually better to avoid publicly posting details while the issue is still ongoing. Again, in my opinion, you are far better off sticking to these kind of issues in a formal way and taking a calmer stance. I just think you lose credibility as a customer if it becomes at all personal.

Saying that, I avoided Canon's when buying my bike as I'd heard a few bad reports. Nothing wrong with sharing your experiences with others, I'm just saying in my experience, its not beneficial to yourself to do it before the issue is resolved.

cannons treatment of LV is as far as i can see pretty piss poor i dont see how anybody with a sound business mind would treat a paying customer this way ,and not expect it to affect their client base:rolleyes:

im damm sure LV isnt going to go back .

word get around and as a result of this im sure quite a few people are going to take their business elswhere.

it would seem after that email that you are going to be better off dealing with BMW uk

good luck with this LV:thumb2

cannons treatment of LV is as far as i can see pretty piss poor i dont see how anybody with a sound business mind would treat a paying customer this way ,and not expect it to affect their client base:rolleyes:

im damm sure LV isnt going to go back .

word get around and as a result of this im sure quite a few people are going to take their business elswhere.

it would seem after that email that you are going to be better off dealing with BMW uk

good luck with this LV:thumb2
How did you become a senior member on here:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom