HAM RADIO EXAM

adie

Reaction score
I have just passed my exam,looking foward to makeing contact with any radio hams on here or around the world. Any advice would be good from the old hands as i am the new kid on the block !!!!!:type:type:blast

HF/VHF/UHF or microwave?

I stayed out of HF for a few years,full of people just wanting a callsign.

Just got back in by buying a comet H422 'V' dipole,cheap out of maplins just now.

a spin round 3.5 to 28 showed a fair bit of activity.........enjoy!

yes thanks will do theres a lot of people out there ,never worked hf ,been on 2m band and thats busy !!

i've got some ham in the fridge.

Does it work like skype ?

I listened to it for a bit - nothing coming thru - perhaps it was bacon ? :nenau

a ham

HAM.gif
I have just passed my exam,looking foward to makeing contact with any radio hams on here or around the world. Any advice would be good from the old hands as i am the new kid on the block !!!!!:type:type:blast
This is what its all abought

View attachment 96610This is what its all abought

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GBXkiUQolSQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GBXkiUQolSQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i went to york rally a few week ago, what a cool bunch !!!!!!!!!

it was a joke joke

:jes

How the hell can anyone be cool in an Arran sweater?
yes it was a joke, how can you be cool when half the punters were that old they were pissing there pants in there motabilty cars..

adie, Congratulations on passing the exam, if it weren't for the radio hams around the world, communications during serious weather events would be nil...:beerjug: Morse at speed was my problem, I have tourettes... :confused:

Ps, Nice sweater... :thumb2

thanks

adie, Congratulations on passing the exam, if it weren't for the radio hams around the world, communications during serious weather events would be nil...:beerjug: Morse at speed was my problem, I have tourettes... :confused:

Ps, Nice sweater... :thumb2
got mt t shirt on today its hot in newcastle.

Brill just got my call sign from the ofcom web site today,been on the 2m band its great cant wait to talk to the world on hf,also had a good blast down to work at south shields on the gsa what a great day.....

HAM radio....are we missing something or is it really as pointless today as it sounds?

I get full GPRS coverage across the whole of N Africa now.....for free :nenau

Not taking the piss, but go on, please educate me :)

:popcorn

it takes a lot of understanding and hard work,if it was easy every one could take part,its a bit like life!!!!

Back
Top Bottom