my accomodation tips for route des grande alpes

swissrob

Reaction score
hi all,

back from a few days on RGA and some tips that might be of some use to people -

we stopped in Cluses - JUST DONT DO IT! its a shite hole with only 1 restaurant and nothing else - the tourist office recommended the gare hotel - it looks ok from outside and that is the only good feature about the place!

look on a michelin map for towns that have ski lifts and stay in these areas - hotels are good quality and there is some night life - also a few bike friendly places - look for relais moto signs.

I can recommend hotel Christiania in Valloire, very nice, clean and great food - 3 course set menu is €21 also a secure garage for the bikes just around the corner.

we stayed in a few logis de france places on the route and all was fine 2* is more than aceptable standard.

hope this helps someone?

P1000883.jpg

hi all,

back from a few days on RGA and some tips that might be of some use to people -

we stopped in Cluses - JUST DONT DO IT! its a shite hole with only 1 restaurant and nothing else - the tourist office recommended the gare hotel - it looks ok from outside and that is the only good feature about the place!

look on a michelin map for towns that have ski lifts and stay in these areas - hotels are good quality and there is some night life - also a few bike friendly places - look for relais moto signs.

I can recommend hotel Christiania in Valloire, very nice, clean and great food - 3 course set menu is €21 also a secure garage for the bikes just around the corner.

we stayed in a few logis de france places on the route and all was fine 2* is more than aceptable standard.

hope this helps someone?

Hi swissrob,
Steve from Morzine here. See.......... you should have come & stayed with us after all :), Cluses is SH*TE, totally agree, although the old part is 'better', (but not much). Hope to see you on another trip,
Cheers, Steve
http://www.alpineaddictsmorzine.com

hi Steve,

i seriously considered turning back and coming back your way.... but the missus wouldnt have approved... i have u bookmarked and no fear i will be in contact again!

Back
Top Bottom