Off roading in the SW

Captain

Good news re wed. As I have said before I am a total novice so I am sure you will be helping me kift my bike up!! I am going out for a ride on monday on the plain so will hopefully get to know a route for wed unless you have any ideas?

Baz

:thumb

The plain? Salisbury? Monday? hmmm .......... ;)

I discovered offroad riding on the Plains when I joined Clive's ride earlier this year and have since done more map reading than riding due to weather issues and the lack of knobblies
My last recce was here and I shall repeat the region when things dry a little:
396718821_AHmTC-XL.jpg

My offroad abilities are limited to simple stuff :D

I'm desperately lookin for an excuse NOT to have to clean me bike this weekend, and an imminent trail ride would do nicely as there's no point in cleaning it if it's gonna get covered in shite again in a few days, so if you guys don't mind me taggin along :augie
I'm pretty handy at pickin up GS's.

millard

Hi Millard

I have no objections as I could do with a hand picking up mine! Now you talking Monday or Wednesday?

Baz

Sounds like a good day out, unfortuantly I'm working but looking forward to meeting some of you on the 28th.

Damn. I need a new set of Tourances and a day off work before I can do this - and I can't afford either the day off or the tyres at the moment so will have to wait. Damn also 'cos this is exactly what I want to learn to do on my GS.

I live in Gosport so Salisbury plain is easy to get to from here.

Mike

what time are you guys meeting? is this open to all??

I'm looking for an excuse to wheel the WR450 back out - hopefully I'll last longer than last weekend :D

The bustard is the place on the left at the start of the route Clive uses for the whitehorse tour right?? pretty sure I know where you're on about.

what time are you guys meeting? is this open to all??

I'm looking for an excuse to wheel the WR450 back out - hopefully I'll last longer than last weekend :D

The bustard is the place on the left at the start of the route Clive uses for the whitehorse tour right?? pretty sure I know where you're on about.

Personally I'm easy, but it's not my thread really I just eased in whilst no one was looking.
I think Baz'nBob kinda got it rolling, so up to those guys.

up date

Hi All
I have just had a word with Baz and he is going to be at the Bustard Inn from about 1pm

we don't mind a few others tagging along

I have had to change my plan slightly so can not be able get up there until about 2pm but Baz will be there and for a First off road ride its a very good area with some nice wide open tracks

the plan is then to make our way round and back down to Bournemouth along the easiest tracks we can find

As we are starting late we will only get a couple of hours of riding in before it gets dark but there is a plan to do it again mid week before Xmas if it is going to happen we will post it in this thread

see you there

Bob

Ok, sounds good. If anyone wants to meet up earlier for a run around first though then i'd be happy to do so.

Millard

Hi Folks

I can leave Wareham at about 0930 tomorrow so can have a little blast before meeting at the pub OS SU 082454 or lat long 51 12 29 N by 01 52 58 W at 1300 hrs.

Baz :thumb

should of read OS grid SU089462 Lat and long 51:12:54N 1:52:25W according to multi-map.

hi guys, sorry I didnt make it, I just got wrapped up in stuff here and it was too late by the time I noticed the time.

hope you had a goodun!

Well Millard and I managed to get our bikes dirty and my first off road outing ended in at least 5 slow speed drops due to muddy tracks but I enjoyed every minute of it! Roll on the next one.:bounce1

Dont worry its pretty slippy around this way, especially when its wet

hopefully you didnt do any damage to either the bike or yourself

Thankfully no to both so ready for the next one! Sadly got a few DIY jobs to sort out and then its Xmas so next outing will hopefully be the mass meet on the 28th work allowing! :bow

It was a very enjoyable couple of hours and Baz did very well. The conditions were kinda slippy to say the least. Mine went down a few times as well.

Millard you are too kind! I have a mate who is ex MOD Police so I will see if I can source a military OS map which shows ranges and opening times etc. Look forward to the next outing which will be on the 28th as I have the time off! :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom