Whats the best disc lock (that fits !!)

Podger

I need some advice, I use one type of disc lock's for short term security on my other bikes which are these Luma Solido's

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/itmidxlumasolidoaccess.shtml

they have won all the awards as best disc lock etc etc, and because they are strong, the pin is quite a decent diameter, and I've had to drill the front disc of other bikes to accomodate the pin.........not a problem , thinks I, I'll drill 3 holes in the front disc of the GS.............,oh no I won't , not possible , drill makes next to FA impression , even starting small "pilot" and try to work it up to the required diameter......so I'll forget that and get a different disc lock.

Any recommendations for good quality , secure disc lock , that fits ???

Don't think I've ever heard of someone wanting to drill their discs! Are you serious? Most people sling one around the RHS disc which has plenty of room for the RiDE Best Buys.

Disclock

Kryptonite EV fits OK combine with Flexcable for additional security and flexibility.

Gerry H.

My tuppenceworth chaps:

Don't bother - waste of money if the van men with scaffolding are looking at having your baby away!

Also - do so much damage to the forks etc when you forget to take them off.

:beerjug:

I use an Abus Granite disc lock in conjunction with a chain. You'll require a chain with a big loop at the one end which feeds the chain through itself. There is sufficient room on the disc lock to accommodate the free end of the chain and still attach to the disc. Far easier,and just as much security, than using/carrying a great big 'u' lock.

Mark Dilloway said:
Don't think I've ever heard of someone wanting to drill their discs! Are you serious? Most people sling one around the RHS disc which has plenty of room for the RiDE Best Buys.

Are you serious? ..........of course I'm serious, and 3 Hayabusa disks drilled in 4 years , with untold track days, and 10,000 miles a year ........What possible side effect could there be??????:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jim mcsharry said:
My tuppenceworth chaps:

Don't bother - waste of money if the van men with scaffolding are looking at having your baby away!

:beerjug:
I did say short term security..... ;) see above

Disc lock

Got an oxford, happy with it has got the advantage of coming with a transport pouch and a cable reminder.
:beerjug: :beer: :beer:

I've got the oxford gold standard. It's a heavy :GS:GS:GS:GSer but fits the GS very well and is easy to take on and off. Can also be used with their chains.

Back
Top Bottom