Do You ride your GS in the salt?

Nope, been there done that when I had to for years and years, my bike is for pleasure and proud to say so.

Teejay

No choice as I use it for working, so cover it in ACF50 and rinse it off when I get home, if the flippin hose pipe isn't frozen:mad:

Always tried to ride all winter even if it's 'arder up 'ere. Stuck to my "old school" stuff of WD and grease, and waxoyl, and riding.... Sort of clean the bike about 4 times a year and always know that dry bike (no protection) is a bike likely to corrode.

I used to have a can of WD next to where it was parked outside the house:D

Nah but not cos it'll go rusty more cos if its cold enough for salt on the roads it'll be bloody freezing riding it!!

After seven winters the paint is falling off the engine and gearbox in sheets/lumps. The frame is a delicate shade of iron oxide dappled with black.

It's off the road and partially stripped for refurbishment but next year it will be back to all winter riding.

I wonder if we should start a sweep to see who crashes their bike first this Winter. I once had a right bloody fright when the back wheel stepped on ice, and since then feckin hate riding in snow and ice.

I'll leave the heroics to the heroes - Winter is for rugby. :D

Come on gents, you just feckin know a few on here are going to bin it - it's not a case of "if" its a case of "who" and "when".

BTW what happened to the "edit" facility? :nenau

I refuse to lob it just to win a sweep though ;)

I will be on mine all winter just the same as last year although this year its covered in ACF whereas last year it got covered in WD40 which was a bastard to clean off when caked thick :thumb2

jesus - surely a man of your stature can afford a new bike :augie

What do you mean my stature, I'm almost a pauper:(

When they restart 1150GS production with improved durability for the FD and paint finish I'll be at or near the front of the queue. Until then I'll throw the money at the one I've got.

Nope, not brave enough!!! :eek:

Still, bike is prepped for winter downtime with ACF 50 all over, autoglym special cream :)confused:), battery off & a charging, nice fleece blanket :augie....ready for the spring time :D:D:D:D:D

Yep!Mines tucked away in the dry and warm waiting for spring. I've done my bit commuting on a bike through too many frozen roads and hands (and we had proper winters in them days). Quite happy to be thought a complete wuss. Thats what cars are for:rob

Picking my new GSA up tomorrow - paid a bit extra for the ACF50 treatment before it even sees a road :D

Hope those heated grips work in the morning :thumb2

Yep!Mines tucked away in the dry and warm waiting for spring. I've done my bit commuting on a bike through too many frozen roads and hands (and we had proper winters in them days). Quite happy to be thought a complete wuss. Thats what cars are for:rob
Hear, hear.

Just got my GS last week...then it snowed and as daft I am, even I won't ride when there's ice on the roads! :eek

Back to work on nights tomorrow though and I'll be on the bike for sure.

She has a fresh coat of ACF and she's ready to go! I do ride all year round by the way! :thumb2

yeap every day , dropped it yesterday though , so p*ssed at myself I let the disc lock on and tried riding off , down I went :blast

Give it a good wash and then cover the barstard in waxoyl. Rims and everything. It will look like you dug it up out of a field in about three days time but come the spring, a bit of elbow grease and it'll be fine and dandy.

Went out today, washed it off when I returned home, will re-apply some ACF before going out again.

I started cleaning it with Silkolene Bike Wash, it left most the dirt behind, as it was running out I had already got some some Autoglym bike wash "in stock" this stuff was very good, it really did dissolve the dirt.

Went out today, washed it off when I returned home, will re-apply some ACF before going out again.

I started cleaning it with Silkolene Bike Wash, it left most the dirt behind, as it was running out I had already got some some Autoglym bike wash "in stock" this stuff was very good, it really did dissolve the dirt.

do you wash ACF off every time you've been out? :nenau

+1 ACF 200miles a week, washed at weekend and quick squirt of ACF , going well after 3 years in all seasons (ok not snow, draw the line there). Saying that my motor tech engine bars are in a bad way, will have to do something about them at some point.

Back
Top Bottom