Heinz Gerkin Voyager Daylite

Cheesy Mike

I have seen Bilko and some of the Welsh crowd wearing these. They look good [even on Bilko :D]

At £199 they aren't fantastic value but still affordable. Anyone able to comment on them as I'm seriously thinking of getting one now they have them in stock in Bristol.

Mike

Is that a kind of potato?

You shouldn't keep them in the daylight for too long.

Or this thing?

542031-2.jpg

Goretex? Tss-k-Tssk! Waxed cotton's the thing now, y'know....

Don't keep ya rizzlas in the pockets when it's raining :(

Get dirty pretty fast but 40 degree wash comes out like new :)

I'd buy another ;)

Gates :)

I've got one

Had mine for 3 years (25k miles) now, along with the trousers. Use it for the daily commute, it's never leaked apart from top pockets. As Gauloises says they get dirty very quickly but clean up well.
Colleagues I've past on route say it certainly "stands out" in daylight, and the reflective strips errrrr reflect well at night!

Would definately buy one again.

Regards

Tim

kin great bit of kit

hey boys and girlies
I have used mine for two years dispatch work wonderfull bit of kit the winter lining is a bit thin get a heated jacket no probs
shit load of couriers in london use them never a bad word said
goooooooooooo for it

cheers nobby:beerjug:

mikebelch said:
I have seen Bilko and some of the Welsh crowd wearing these. They look good [even on Bilko :D]

At £199 they aren't fantastic value but still affordable. Anyone able to comment on them as I'm seriously thinking of getting one now they have them in stock in Bristol.

Mike
I got one for my son last year at Kelso m- Brand new it was £15 I would say that was fantastic value (well it will be when he wears it as he's not been on the bike since and he's growing fast...).

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

Spoke to Mr Flanders at the Air Balloon last night. On his recommendation I bought the jacket today + extra £16.50 for an integral CE back protector. I am very pleased with my purchase, but I'll hire MadMountainMan and his assault rifle to right the wrong if it doesn't prove to be a good buy.

I like the stretchy bit around the bottom that stops the wind wipping up my nether regions and I like the neck warmer as well. Time will tell how robust it is and I'll have to take out shares in Nikwax to pay for the bottles of Tech Wash I'll need to keep the bugger clean.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Thread closed. Nothing to see here people. Move along now please.... :D

Mike

So I rode home in the new jacket tonight and couldn't help but look at my reflection in shop windows. (Come on admit it, you all do it when you have something new like a bike or jacket or helmet don't you? Don't you?)

Anyway, I did think looking at my reflection that the day glow jacket is just the tiniest bit :ymca.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom