North Wales weekend

trangwales

Reaction score
Oh all right then .... :bow

Looking at what else is going on (on the site and in my home life) a possible date for the gathering of the clans would be 19 - 21 June 2009.
Is this too late, does it clash, or do you want to look at something earlier?

I'd looked at the area around Dolgellau / Corris / Dinas Mawddwy. There are some good rides (on and off road) in the area, plus a range of choices of accommodation. This is reasonably easy to get to from North and South Wales (a bit like Llandrindod Wells really - equally inaccessible to everyone :blast)
Based on the standards set by the South Wales team ( ... and am I going to have to go some to meet that ...) I was thinking of camping with pub and b&b or bunkhouse close by, group meal on the Saturday evening.

Thoughts please, or early indications if you might be up for it:beerjug:

I'm up for it, camping for one please.

Dates don't appear to clash with any other events.

Noted, may have to do a bit of arm twisting to go, but will do my best
Alan, as some "leverage" for you, you do realise that Sundays 21st June is Fathers Day. :thumb

Depending on work, I'll try and make it. Will it be the same set up as the Pembrokeshire camp?

Just an FYI, the weekend of the 19th - 21st is also the Horizons Unlimited UK meeting.

Depending on work, I'll try and make it. Will it be the same set up as the Pembrokeshire camp?

"Work" who you trying to kid, you'll be a hobo like the rest of us by then:D

Not sure if Linda will travel that far to bring provisions.:D

Pub grub sounds good to me though:thumb2

Not sure if Linda will travel that far to bring provisions.:D Pub grub sounds good to me though:thumb2
Ok. What I should have said was, will it be as informal as the Pembrokeshire camp? Ie turn up, pitch a tent, eat some food, drink some beer, put the world to rights and then watch Alan fall into his tent. :D

Hope to make this one. Nothing clashing at the mo.

drink some beer, put the world to rights and then watch Alan fall into his tent. :D

Stop picking on me :tears:tears Just because I can't remember too well :augie doesn't mean it actually happened, where is yer photographic proof :pullface
Mel has said I can go but have to be back early seeing as its my FIRST Fathers day (I don't think she knows where it is :D mind ewe saying that nor does BigAl :augie) Cue the new zumo post :thumb2

Great!
Once the ice goes off the track I'll start sorting out a place to stay. I'll see what the pub food is like, if not I'll see if Big Al's meals on wheels service delivers that far ....
Or I may just cook. Given that I'm a veggie, and that you lot are so nice I may just stretch to fresh sheep (if any more come over my b****dy wall ...)
:beerjug:

Right, I've been given the nod and have already booked Friday 19th June off work :bounce1 :augie Can't wait! 2 days of listening to Taff and BigAl snore will be a walk in the park compared to :thedummy:thedummy all night.
SO!!! who else is up for a scenic ride up north :nenau Say Talybont, Brecon, Epant, Beulah, Rhayadar,Llanidloes(B4518),Machynllth(B4518Still):bounce1:bounce1. or even a detour around the Elan Valley and Devils bridge, then Llanidloes, Machynllth :nenau The guys from West can meet up in Brecon or Beulah which will be about and hour! I know its only Jan and June is months away, but its always nice to have something to look forward too!!! :thumb2

Hi Robin just make sure you keep some sheep for Al to cuddle up to after he's fallen in his tent Again. Weekend sounds good to me, I might even use my new toy to meet up with Al and the team in Brecon, [ if I can find out how to work the darn thing} Nick will probably be going as well, But I will phone him with the dates.

There is a great little camp site in Dinas Mawdwyy which we`ve used:thumb

The pub in the village is good and serves good grub, good :beer: and there is a great little cafe and petrol station close by. They do speak a strange language though:augie

Great routes on and off road as well.

Hope this helps:thumb

North Wales Weekend Off Road Ride

All,

As a new member and living down the road from Dinas Mawddwy, I'd be happy to take people round the Dyfi or further afield as a regular user of the tracks up there on my X Challenge.
There's nothing much north, but some good rides south down towards Aberystwyth and back up in a loop (well, sort of loop). Good pint and food in the Red Lion in Dinas and a good crowd there.
We can sort stuff out closer to the time if ther are any takers.

Jon Bont

Clans

you do realize that in June it will be wet very wet:eek: count me in

All,
Good pint and food in the Red Lion in Dinas and a good crowd there.
We can sort stuff out closer to the time if there are any takers.
Jon Bont

Hi John - I'm spending a lot of time on the A470 at present - what's the Celyn Britihion camping like ? I can't find a bunkhouse locally, and given the b*****ks yesterday (wide load x 2) the last drag over to Dolgellau might be a bit too much for those coming from South.
I'm up and down a lot over the next few weeks so I'll do some more exploring.

Thanks / diolch

Back
Top Bottom