Comfort

bbbvito

Reaction score
Been thinking about those long hrs in the saddle and my poor owld ass. Dont know how it is with you lot but after a good 6 to 8 hours of riding my rear end starts to get all numb, hot, itchy, sore etc,
So after a few days of doing the same, The numb, hot, itchy tends to come on sooner each day. The most constant riding i have done is five days 7 to 8 hours a day and i can tell you it was sore to the touch :tears
With this trip giving me around 12 days i have had to look into buying something that will make my trip , shall we say a lot more bearable on my rear.
So i have invested in one of these
r12gs_icon[1].gif

Sargent seat garanteed to give you a pleasant ride ..............ie NO STING RING :augie:augie
Hopefully this will do the job.

Very nice. Can't be having a stinging ring, can we? :tears

I thought about one of them there Renazco seats for me, as Arsey has acquired, but when I enquired (2 months ago) there was a November delivery date :eek:

Being butch and double-hard, I'll probably go au naturelle and save the money for half a pint in that 5 star hotel in Zermatt...

Very nice. Can't be having a stinging ring, can we? :tears

I thought about one of them there Renazco seats for me, as Arsey has acquired, but when I enquired (2 months ago) there was a November delivery date :eek:

Being butch and double-hard, I'll probably go au naturelle and save the money for half a pint in that 5 star hotel in Zermatt...

You should be ok mate you have a lot more natural padding down there than i have :augie:pullface:

By the way they dont sell common stuff like pints an halfs its all shampas and wine you know :ChrisKelly:ChrisKelly

I was thinking of buying an Airhawk 2 seat thing - the budget version. £79.99.

Just seen a used one sell on eBay, had someone's sweaty ar5e all over it, sold for £123!!!! :nenau

Some people are born idiots.

Been thinking about those long hrs in the saddle and my poor owld ass. Dont know how it is with you lot but after a good 6 to 8 hours of riding my rear end starts to get all numb, hot, itchy, sore etc,
So after a few days of doing the same, The numb, hot, itchy tends to come on sooner each day. The most constant riding i have done is five days 7 to 8 hours a day and i can tell you it was sore to the touch :tears
With this trip giving me around 12 days i have had to look into buying something that will make my trip , shall we say a lot more bearable on my rear.
View attachment 125525

Sargent seat garanteed to give you a pleasant ride ..............ie NO STING RING :augie:augie
Have been thinking about getting one of these. Where did you source it from dear chap?

EDIT: Just found the Sargent Website. Looks like they only make a GS height seat which will be too low for me :nenau

Have been thinking about getting one of these. Where did you source it from dear chap?

EDIT: Just found the Sargent Website. Looks like they only make a GS height seat which will be too low for me :nenau

Looked at the sargent web sight and nippy norms , Both prices where the same nippy norms but nippy norms delivery date was sooner so went with them.
Price for seat with black piping was 306 inc delivery, should have it it a couple of days:thumb2

FFS :aidan

WILL YOU LOT STOP SPENDING - or i'll want to buy the GSA screen, and an airhawk to go under my elephants brazilian offcut. :drool

p.s.
Rumour has it that el bandido might be splashing a bit of cash :thumb:eek: on a satnav, but don't let Magnum know. Shhhhh:thumb2

Have any of you used the Sergeant seat yet? I have one for my K1200RS and it's worse than stock: too hard and oddly shaped so it digs into my inner thigh. Previous owner thought the same...

Had a Sargent on my GSA and although better than stock it felt too low (standard seat) so wasn't perfect. I ebayed it and got what I paid for it and got a Kalhao (or something) from Touratec. Initial impressions are very good, the seat seems more comfortable and looks great on the bike with really good quality finish to it

FFS :aidan

WILL YOU LOT STOP SPENDING - or i'll want to buy the GSA screen, and an airhawk to go under my elephants brazilian offcut. :drool

p.s.
Rumour has it that el bandido might be splashing a bit of cash :thumb:eek: on a satnav, but don't let Magnum know. Shhhhh:thumb2

Sat nav :eek::eek::eek: does he know how mags feels about them, he best hide it in his back pack, cant be upsetting the main man.

I was just going to be a good lad and ask mags to get me a map for over there:comfort :toungincheek

Is that elephants brazilian not wearing a bit thin yet , (with all that wieght on it :augie:D:D )

Sat nav :eek::eek::eek: does he know how mags feels about them, he best hide it in his back pack, cant be upsetting the main man.

I was just going to be a good lad and ask mags to get me a map for over there:comfort :toungincheek

Is that elephants brazilian not wearing a bit thin yet , (with all that wieght on it :augie:D:D )

BBBvito and Norm

You lot are going to get me in trouble spreading all these malicious rumours. Having said that I have been feeling a little faint since the rumours started. I better go and have a lie down.

I am now thinking about the airhawk and the brazilian elephants hair-piece. The mind boggles.

Bandit:rob:rob

View attachment 125525

So how's the seat mate?

I've looked into these and I don't think the do an Adventure height version. Still looking ....

So how's the seat mate?

I've looked into these and I don't think the do an Adventure height version. Still looking ....

Only done about 600 miles on my bike since getting the seat mate but first impressions are good, seems to be doing the job ( no sting ring:blast ) Gives you a bit more support at the back and stops you sliding about as much as the standard seat.
A couple of 200 mile non stops were in with the 600 and got no numb bum which i would have with the std seat

so it gets the thumbs up so far mate:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Why don't you look at getting the foam in your existing seat changed ? Mine hurt like hell after a couple of hours.

So I sent it to Viking Vynls http://www.vikingvinyl.co.uk/. He turned in around in 4 days and its great. It looks the same, he just replaces the foam stuff with memory foam and gel pads.

Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom