Kent Camp Out - 26th & 27th Sept 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone interested in an end of season camp out over a saturday /sunday.
A chance for a beer or 12, round the bar bee,a chance to get your camping kit and luggage ready for next year.arrive saturday daytime, bar b q in the eve and go home on sunday.
Ive got a venue in mind , i think there is a toilet there and a barbq and thats it, and its in the middle of somewhere.no neighbours
About 1 mile from the m25, ill have to ask permission to use it.
It would be good to all get together. anyone up for it?

Barbee

Sounds good to me when we starting/ (drinking I mean)

:) Could well be up for this given that Decathlon is just down the road I envisage a sea of tarps!

When are you thinking?

Anyone interested in an end of season camp out over a saturday /sunday.
A chance for a beer or 12, round the bar bee,a chance to get your camping kit and luggage ready for next year.arrive saturday daytime, bar b q in the eve and go home on sunday.
Ive got a venue in mind , i think there is a toilet there and a barbq and thats it, and its in the middle of somewhere.no neighbours
About 1 mile from the m25, ill have to ask permission to use it.
It would be good to all get together. anyone up for it?

Depends when ?

News..

I spoke to guy who knows the fella in charge of the woods tonight, and he will let me know wether or not we can use it, and how much the cost will be,i doubt it will be much anyhow.
I thought of a little twist for the evening, how about a bit of "backwoods" cooking for the evening meal,perhaps a little hog roast, or fresh trout cooked on the fire with mushrooms and balsamic vinegar, or maybe fresh chicken spit roasted, with bonfire potatoes, peas and carrots maybe?
Any other ideas?
By the way the site will only have access for bikes, no cars, so its what ever you can pack on the bike.
Oh and i should be able to get beer for 10% off from Asda. he he
Real adventure camping...

more news..

I have a lead on a second site which i'm trying to sort out, could be a bit nicer and 2 pubs nearby.
I havnt heard yay or nay on the first one yet.
Also i have spoken with one of the local gamekeepers and he's prepared to come down and show us how to prepare and cook woodstylee, fresh wood pidgeon ,partridge,trout,pheasant,and chicken from the beak and feathers, to the plate.he he he, could be good.
keep ya posted.

Pig out!

Whats the game keepers name? not ray mears? how about the bush tucker man? knows a good line in grubs! I feel vegitereerism coming on all of a sudden!.
Dave ( vegitable) GS.

news..

Looks like it could be the weekend of 26th , 27th of sept.
The second venue has come up trumps, in a field,in the middle of the kent countryside by the river.about 4 miles form the m25 j3.
Tarps, tents, bonfires, whatever goes.
£5 head payable to the farmer..ive got to go down there shortly to do a reccy and see if car access is feasible.
2 pubs nearby 1/4 mile or so, toilet and a tap on site, no showers.(free river)
You can bring your own barbeque food, buts its got to be cooked al fresco, unless you wanna put a bar-b-q on yer bike.
As soon as i know how big the site is, i can see if we can make it an open invite.
As soon as i know how many people want the pukka grub , ill get a price on it, pheasant,partridge,trout and so on, but it wont be dear.
I can do a beer run in the car and get asda beer for 10% disc.
Hows that?

camp up

Thjats a real pian I'm away on the 26th to Corwall for a week with she who must be ignored been booked a long time so thats that have a good time all and eat a few bugs for me!.! (always spit the eyballs out.)
dave GS.

I have to undertake a journey to Bristol and back on the 26th, but depending on how long it takes I may well be up for an evening camping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom