question on bike to bike comms

Darryl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am planning a trip to France early May with fellow GSer Murray and wanted to ask if any of you have found a bike to bike communication system that works. Neither of us can justify spending a fortune on an autocom set-up so we are looking for something cheap! Alternatively do you know anywhere that hires comms systems that would work on a bike?
Thanks in advance.

Darryl

:thumb

Sorry Darryl,

I use an autocom set up and it works reliably dependably day after day...

I've no experience of other systems but I've heard good things about the starcom.

Don't know if that helps at all!

communications

The best one you can buy is already on the bike,it's called horn and flashing head-lights.

:D :D :D :D

The ones that work, Sonic, Starcom and Autocom all cost similar money. The cheaper systems don't work - SIMPLE.

For a system that works expect to lay out £200 per bike new, less 2nd hand but they do come up occasionally.

judge said:
The cheaper systems don't work - SIMPLE.

I think that the received wisdom is that cheaper systems work just well enough for the users to realise the benefits that can be gleaned from a bike-to-bike system, but not well enough to use on a regular basis.

Buy a cheap system, and you still end up buying an Autocom later - double £££ whammy!

Greg

Re: communications

Vendome 41 said:
The best one you can buy is already on the bike,it's called horn and flashing head-lights.:D :D :D :D
I'm with Vendome, keep your money in your wallet, and use the above !!:p

Back
Top Bottom