Any Turks Bumming the UKGS'er?

On 24th: Whole day starting from, say 10 or 11. As for the route, it depends on you but on 25th I'll be working from morning till evening, too.
This year is a terrible year in terms of weekends:(
We might meet up in İstanbul or you and the gang might come here for fresh air.

Where is "here"?

I was thinking of setting up a ride to and around Iznik.

The holiday might be less of a good idea time-wise, I'll have family stuff and I'm sure we all want to take advantage of a few days off....if we have them. What about the weekend after? if you're no-where near Iznik I'm sure we can make it out to wherever you are to save time.

Where is "here"?

The holiday might be less of a good idea time-wise, I'll have family stuff and I'm sure we all want to take advantage of a few days off....if we have them. What about the weekend after? if you're no-where near Iznik I'm sure we can make it out to wherever you are to save time.

Iznik sounds good. I agree with choosing another date than a national holiday; too much traffic, long queues at the ferry ports and the dimwitted drivers on the motorways. Besides, it's going to be a 3-day break from 23rd 'till 25th, i'm sure everyone has prior arrangements. Any other weekend before or after would be O.K. :rob

Where is "here"?

It's the backyard of İstanbul, another neighbouring province called Tekirdağ and one of its city named Çerkezköy. We shall meet up in Tekirdağ to taste those yummy meatballs and then ride up along the Marmara Coast to Uçmakdere and then to Şarköy through the mountains. Unfortunately İznik is a bit far to me.27th April suits me.

I know Tekydag (name changed by another Brit rider) as we usually stop there on the way out to Cannakale / Galipoli / Assos. Is the guy with the enormous ears still wandering around? A trip out there would be good as the last time we went we left the motorway just after Tekirdag and took the back roads as far as possible down to Galipoli. I was amazed at how similar the countryside was to England.

I know Tekydag (name changed by another Brit rider) as we usually stop there on the way out to Cannakale / Galipoli / Assos. Is the guy with the enormous ears still wandering around? A trip out there would be good as the last time we went we left the motorway just after Tekirdag and took the back roads as far as possible down to Galipoli. I was amazed at how similar the countryside was to England.
Yes, it's on the way en route to Gallipoli. I donno that big-eared guy:blast

And I was trying to tell you about that route along the coast through the mountains, and why not? M? Might be a perfect time there...

Weather forecast: around 15 degrees with partly cloudy sky for next Saturday.
Any takers?

A week from now, and you still trust the forecast? Come spring and forecasts for Turkey, especially the marmara region are as accurate as my granma's shooting! :D

Would be nice though. :thumb2

Got it all locked in for tomorrow; a nice leasurely stroll down the european side of bosphorus and then down to Borusan in Istinye to sort out my left front fork which has been weeping oil since last week. i guess a new fork seal is in order, also taking another fellow tosser in need of a new oil cap which has been rattling and puking oil for the last 2 months. Ahh, another nice sunny day to waste at the dealer. :blast

A week from now, and you still trust the forecast? Come spring and forecasts for Turkey, especially the marmara region are as accurate as my granma's shooting! :D

Would be nice though. :thumb2

Got it all locked in for tomorrow; a nice leasurely stroll down the european side of bosphorus and then down to Borusan in Istinye to sort out my left front fork which has been weeping oil since last week. i guess a new fork seal is in order, also taking another fellow tosser in need of a new oil cap which has been rattling and puking oil for the last 2 months. Ahh, another nice sunny day to waste at the dealer. :blast

Don't if you'll see this in time, or will be able to meet, but L and I will be in Istinye Park....at one of the upper floor outside cafes, at around 11am. Be good if you could pop up.

This is just a ''forecast'' of course but admittedly, I trust Weather Watcher.
What I can see from here is that you have been enslaved by Borusan:)
Go and spend some time at its encaging cafe and I will share the pics with you next week:comfort

Don't if you'll see this in time, or will be able to meet, but L and I will be in Istinye Park....at one of the upper floor outside cafes, at around 11am. Be good if you could pop up.

Oops, just saw this message today, too late. But we were there around 15pm, you guys had probably left by then. Will be back there next week as they were rather busy and booked me in for a slot next saturday. A single fork seal replacement at 112 Euros incl. labour.. can you believe?!? :blast

This is just a ''forecast'' of course but admittedly, I trust Weather Watcher.
What I can see from here is that you have been enslaved by Borusan:)
Go and spend some time at its encaging cafe and I will share the pics with you next week:comfort

Didn't spend much time there, just made a booking for next week, bought a replacement oil filler cap for a fellow tosser and left promptly. Went to sultanahmet for some meatballs and then a stroll in Kapalicarsi, an evening trip across the bosphorus on the sirkeci-harem ferry back to anatolian side and a quick ride back home.

Did you go to Uçmakdere? Yeah, lets see some photos. :thumb2

went for rides on saturday and yesterday..

yesterday, it was Bursa-Yalova-Omerli-Sile-Agva then back to Bursa :thumb2 ..weather was excellent so everywhere was busy as hell..

No, Celcius. That route is for this Saturday but I might take another route as well. Weather forecast is still with me:)
You are coming?

No, Celcius. That route is for this Saturday but I might take another route as well. Weather forecast is still with me:)
You are coming?

I'm afraid not, left fork still weeping like a sad puppy, gotta take it back to Borusan next saturday for a seal replacement. :(

I'm afraid not, left fork still weeping like a sad puppy, gotta take it back to Borusan next saturday for a seal replacement. :(

Is your bike still under warranty? If not I can recommend a Borusan trained mechanic, based in Istinye, who'll probably do the work for much less. L and I both use him for servicing and other stuff.

Is your bike still under warranty? If not I can recommend a Borusan trained mechanic, based in Istinye, who'll probably do the work for much less. L and I both use him for servicing and other stuff.

Bike is a '02 1150GS at 60k km, no warranty. I guess you are referring to a mechanic called Saffet, right? I know him, i'll give him a call tomorrow and see what price he's gonna pull. He's got no other place to buy the parts apart from Borusan but i reckon the labour charge will be a bit more 'humane'. :nenau

Not sure what bumming is, but there are a few Turks on here, all silent after introducing themselves. You already know about L and myself, plus I recently met a French guy here who rides a GS. There's also a Finnish guy with a Honda XR600 who loves a bit of dirt as well as a Dutch guy and a Danish guy, also into the dirt.

:rob Filth :blast

Bike is a '02 1150GS at 60k km, no warranty. I guess you are referring to a mechanic called Saffet, right? I know him, i'll give him a call tomorrow and see what price he's gonna pull. He's got no other place to buy the parts apart from Borusan but i reckon the labour charge will be a bit more 'humane'. :nenau

The guy's name is Olkan. I have his mobile number but I don't want to post it on here. I can't PM you as you're not a subscriber. He might well have a fork seal in stock, although I doubt you'd want to chance it. I'm free on Saturday, so if you want I can meet you in Borusan, then once you're done there I can take you round to him, so you have him as a future option for work.

Back
Top Bottom