indicators

appledell

Reaction score
Now then, I have a problem with the right indicator (front) saying lampf but the bulb is fine. I stripped the switch and sure enough the seal had perished. I tried to fix it with the 'rubber glove' method but still no worky. They have had it a few days and it must have dried out so it is working again. The tech has no idea what is causing the problem. They do not want to swap the switch as its not under warranty - fair enough? but if its not the switch - what could it be? the ZFE checks out ok but the puzzling thing is - when the front goes off, the back goes off too?

Any pointers please????

Sorry, no useful advice about the switch.

However, you seem to be asking whether it is fair that the switch is not covered by the warranty. If you mean that the bike is still covered by a dealer warranty that doesn't cover the switch, I would go back to them and tell them that it is covered by the Sale of Goods Act. That persuaded a reluctant dealer to fix some problems with my with my new-to-me 60000 mile Discovery earlier this year.

From memory, SOGA has 3 major requirements - goods must be as described, must be fit for purpose and must be of satisfactory quality. I found some very good advisory documents on the web - in particular, look for advice aimed at small businesses which explains what their responsibilities are and how they should treat their customers.

Any vehicle which has faulty indicators is not fit for purpose and is not of satisfactory quality. Whether the individual faulty component is covered by the warranty is irrelevant - the whole vehicle is faulty. There seems to be an accepted convention that faults which develop within 6 months of purchase are the sellers responsibility unless proved otherwise. After 6 months that seems to be reversed - the seller is assumed to be not responsible unless you can prove that they are.

Back
Top Bottom