BMW r1200GS lc 2013 problems

It doesn't sound like an alternator. You don't have the alternator light on the dash too do you ?

Sounds like your dodgy charger or socket might have tripped a fuse on a control unit. They're not physical switches. Because all of those things that aren't working are controlled by a single control unit. You've got a red triangle. Get it plugged in.

You could try disconnecting your battery for 24 hrs too. They might reset.
There is no alternator symbol or light on the 2013 if i recall its just the battery light which can be

Duff battery / failure of the charging circuit / alternator regulator fuse blown

There is no alternator symbol or light on the 2013 if i recall its just the battery light which can be

Duff battery / failure of the charging circuit / alternator regulator fuse blown

That's what mine had. Red battery symbol on the dash for it - and the charging volts were low, and falling.

So new battery has been fitted. Bike was left 48hrs without a battery in. Symptoms same. I’ve ridden the bike for about 4 miles (with no brake lights/indicators) and nothing reset.
So still red triangle and battery icon on display with no hi beam, fuel level, heated grips, Nav 5 not powering up and like I said no brake lights/indicators. Apart from that it runs fine!
Spoke to a local bike repairer who has a gs911 and he said it needs to go on a proper BMW diagnostic machine as the gs911 won’t help.
I’ll get it booked in and see what Bowker BMW says on Monday. 🥺

So new battery has been fitted. Bike was left 48hrs without a battery in. Symptoms same. I’ve ridden the bike for about 4 miles (with no brake lights/indicators) and nothing reset.
So still red triangle and battery icon on display with no hi beam, fuel level, heated grips, Nav 5 not powering up and like I said no brake lights/indicators. Apart from that it runs fine!
Spoke to a local bike repairer who has a gs911 and he said it needs to go on a proper BMW diagnostic machine as the gs911 won’t help.
I’ll get it booked in and see what Bowker BMW says on Monday.

Oh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update - the ZFE controller device under the tank was fried and had to be replaced. Dealer coded it to bike, all is fixed now. Wallet damage £638. About half of that was labour.

Back
Top Bottom