A Bit of Help please

Beano

Reaction score
Swmbo and I are planning a 11 day trip to the west coast in our Wobbly Box, as swmbo has never been north of Manchester i was hoping to give her a grand tour.
I have been all over Scotland with with work but never stopped to do the sights...so i was hoping some of the more experianced of you may point me in the direction of the things that are worth seeing.

I have planned a day on the Isle of Arran and was hoping to rest 2 days on skye seeing some local sights.

yes I know this will give you plenty to take the piss but if i get a few good suggestions i am sure it will be worth while.

As its been announced there is a royal wedding the week we are away I am pleased to be as far away as possible.

I'm sure HRH will translate for me if it gets a bit heavy.

Thanks in advance

Mr and Mrs Beano

Are you intending sticking to the west coast or are you flexi?

The obvious places for sightseeing would be Glencoe, Killin, Kenmore, Stirling Castle, Loch Ness, Loch Lomond to name but a very few. The roads in this area will spoil you for scenery

If you're more flexi, the road between Blairgowrie and Ballater (A93) is a great road and braemar and ballater are nice villages. Gert's Bench is on this road too so stop for a coffee break there. Heading up over the Lecht from here will take you into Speyside where you're spoiled for scenerey and distilleries. Glenfiddich might not be the best whisky but their visitor centre takes some beating.

Edinburgh aroudn the old part of town near the castle is well worth a walk around.

Ronno thanks for those
not stuck to west was going to cross to Loch Ness and down the dark side through Edinburgh and jedburgh and home

Ronno thanks for those
not stuck to west was going to cross to Loch Ness and down the dark side through Edinburgh and jedburgh and home

Kirriemuir and the Angus Glens is a nice area too and there's a cracking road over the Cairn o Mount from here whcih takes you into the Ballater region.

Skye

Skye over the bridge down to Eilean Donan castle. Back up the road 1 mile turn right. over to Loch Carron. o o o then upto Applecross thats a must. :flag In fact maybe a should come too so you dont get lost.

Skye over the bridge down to Eilean Donan castle. Back up the road 1 mile turn right. over to Loch Carron. o o o then upto Applecross thats a must. :flag In fact maybe a should come too so you dont get lost.

I want to go and see the Royal Palace as well and take photographs of the king in his kingdom?

Oh shit will he be in London for the National event?:ChrisKelly

Don't forget Beanos' lugging a caravan....Bealach na Ba could be interesting with one strapped to your arse.:D

Back
Top Bottom