What do you think of your dealer

skywalker

Given the tenacity of the North Oxford thread I wondered what gave some folk on here the right to slag dealers off safe in the knowledge that they're not going to reply

My dealer's ok really.... but the purple suit and pink cadilac can be a bit emabarrassing

Attachments

• huggies1hr.jpg
    huggies1hr.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 829
Given the tenacity of the North Oxford thread I wondered what gave some folk on here the right to slag dealers off safe in the knowledge that they're not going to reply
Actually they do reply sometimes, and, sometimes gain themselves some kudos in the process.

Some of them create fake users to have a go at people who criticise them. This results in great hilarity all round and I wish they'd do it more often.:D

In all honesty, there's good and bad in the network, similar to all garages

Best to find one that suits you and build a working relationship with them, works for me:thumb

I still use main dealer for servicing even on a 5-15yo BMW, because IMHO, I know mine does a great job and the price difference (in Yorkshire) between them and an indie is negligible (we don't have many indies oop here)

They also managed to obtain a goodwill contribution claim on a broken item this year, on a 6 yo bike without quibble, saved me a bit of dosh:thumb

I even used a main Toyota dealer to give my 9 yo Hiace Van a full service & MOT, last month - they were £100 cheaper than an indie in town, plus they gave me a free courtesy car too

I find it is best to ask first before getting work done - this avoids assumptions which ususally make an "ass (of) u (&) me, as the saying goes, so you go in with your eyes open - most dealers are happy to discuss charges and costs - upfront:thumb

Always had good service from the main dealers I have had dealings with over the years. I know its gone now but Blue Bell at Crewe looked after me well for several years. Several purchases and numerous services, never a problem. On continental trips Bm dealers have gone out of their way to get any minor problem sorted there and then to allow me to get on my way. Same here in Spain, dealer is just down the road, always helpful. Thats my 20 years Bm experience for what its worth anyway. :thumb2

I hope this doesn't just turn into a dealer slagging thread because the majority of people use dealers, have great service and are more than happy to let them look after their pride and joy.

It's too easy to sit here and slag them off because they didn't do this or that. If more people were aware and asked questions before etheir bike was being worked on, they would have a much better experience. The amount of threads about how much will my dealer charge for a service absolutely staggers me because a simple phone call to their dealer asking what needs to be done and how much answer the question.

Having worked in, and run truck dealers in the past I do know that most of them do everything to help customers in the parameters they are given by the manufacturer which are sometime quite difficult. It's hard to get a customer and really easy to lose one. We all know they charge high labour rates etc but they have a big shiney showroom and workshop to run and still have to make a living and retain customers.

Most dealers are really good IMHO and there are also 2 sides to every story. I think my local dealer is excellent, even though I rarely use them now, but I do know people who don't like them and refuse to set foot in them. That doesn't alone make them bad because most people think they are OK.

Without dealers, there is no supply of bikes, no spares, no manufacturer or warranty back up and no where to go for a free coffee and have a mooch around. There is a place for everything:thumb

I hope this doesn't just turn into a dealer slagging thread because the majority of people use dealers, have great service and are more than happy to let them look after their pride and joy.

It's too easy to sit here and slag them off because they didn't do this or that. If more people were aware and asked questions before etheir bike was being worked on, they would have a much better experience. The amount of threads about how much will my dealer charge for a service absolutely staggers me because a simple phone call to their dealer asking what needs to be done and how much answer the question.

Having worked in, and run truck dealers in the past I do know that most of them do everything to help customers in the parameters they are given by the manufacturer which are sometime quite difficult. It's hard to get a customer and really easy to lose one. We all know they charge high labour rates etc but they have a big shiney showroom and workshop to run and still have to make a living and retain customers.

Most dealers are really good IMHO and there are also 2 sides to every story. I think my local dealer is excellent, even though I rarely use them now, but I do know people who don't like them and refuse to set foot in them. That doesn't alone make them bad because most people think they are OK.

Without dealers, there is no supply of bikes, no spares, no manufacturer or warranty back up and no where to go for a free coffee and have a mooch around. There is a place for everything:thumb

:agree

In many years of motorcycling, Southport Superbikes are way above any other Dealerships I have dealt with. :clap

Roy Mike, Becky, Jim, take a bow :thumb2

Best regards Stretch :)

Never had any problem with any dealer over thirty plus years.

More often than not I have found them helpful, honest and polite. If there has ever been a mistake it is mine; if their's it has been sorted out without too much fuss or bother.

The same overall good experience embraces any dealings I have had in dealers / workshops from Stockholm to Lisbon.

Treat them fairly and they will do much the same to you. Go looking for a fight or to make a twat of yourself (by accident or design) and you'll get what you deserve.

Does that mean that all dealers are good? No, of course not. If you are unhappy just do not go back there.

I'm happy to say that in 11 years of GS ownership I've never handed any BMW dealer a penny:)

Edit: and never will!

Some of them create fake users to have a go at people who criticise them. This results in great hilarity all round and I wish they'd do it more often.:D

Not mentioning anyone, as I wouldn't wan to be a loose CANNON. :augie
:censor::censor::censor:

been using SLM now for a while and even with 3 different owners i must say the service was always brilliant:clap:clap

Love my dealer, Bahnstormers are IMHO excellent.

That makes me feel a bit less guilty about the amount of biscuits I have eaten.

My Dealer

Skywalker

My Dealer has never let me down in over 10 years now, nothing is ever too much trouble.;)

Main Mechanic is tops!, guess you know that :augie

TD
:thumb2

NOG

I have used NOG and as a new biker have found them excellent (contrary to previous threads ). They offered loads of advise, answered really numpty questions (how do i check the oil), helped show me the best ways to get it on the centre stand (bike that is), showed me different knacks for pushing the bike around etc etc etc. Whilst the more experienced rider my laugh - i actually appreciated this being new and especially as it is the heavy beast (GS12). Whilst the cynics will say the £13k i've spent explains a lot but working in the service industry i think i can probably suss out when people are just going through the motion or actually want to help.

I also bought my kit there and had a leaky Sys 6 visor, whilst i appreciate it's under warranty they immediately changed it (twice) but were really really apologetic - which you would expect but don't get the same approach from Merc for my car.
Just my personal experience.

Gotta say its nice to hear a lot of positive comments from folks about their various dealers.
Did think it was going to descend into a slagging off thread.

As Bilco says without 'em yer stuffed!:beerjug:

And as most of you will have noticed I've finally coughed up my subscription -& Micky said it would never happen!!

Money will buy a fine dog but only love & kindness will make him wag his tail.

As the main protagonist, I will cover the base points for you, nice & slowly. You prehap's weren't able to decipher what I was bringing forth in my thread.

1) I had received further mail from NQG, title of letter been somewhat dramatic, making me worry momentarily over the state of my safety! Previously calling them on the phone...stating I do not wish to be contacted with regard to mail-shots.

They proceeded to inadvertently annoy me, by ignorant & wasteful advice instructing NQG not to fall foul of unsolicited mail; "I like to do my little bit to save the planet, so by virtue saving them paper & in my minds eye, a bit of a tree." Which is why most business I deal with I stipulate I do not wish to be contacted by mail.

2)Now that they had broken my verbal commands, it was open fking warfare. Well,.. it was good to vent some annoyance back at them. Whats an oil-filter between friend&foe,..ow about £15. No charge for removal of bash-plate/nuts under engine area were still covered in dirt??!??..that's because it wasn't removed. As Matt stipulated in the email reply (out of the blue/due to my thread) "if it is part of the service that the bike is booked in for "...which would clearly add credit to my claim of been charged for something that didn't & in-fact wasn't changed.

3)My alternative was to have a rant on here, bringing up a sore issue. I'm on plenty of other forums, but keep bmw related subject-matter, here on ukgser. I wouldn't go out of my way to belittle people's enjoyment of north-oxford-garage, however it is always worth been the noisy cog once in a while.

Forewarned is forearmed]

Balderston Peterborough

Just have to say that I am very happy with Balderston in Peterborough - have bought two new bikes from them - have had 95% of my servicing done by them and would not hesitate in recommending them.

Back
Top Bottom