Protecting your RS

littleade

Elderly twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, while waiting for the mothership to fix mine and all the other RSs being held back at the moment with no expljnation being given as to why they are being held back I started to think about what I'm going to do to stop it turning to cheese once I finally get it.

In particular what I'm going to use on the front engine cover, underneath the engine and gearbox and on the FD. On the 1st 2 on my GS the MachineArt fender extender, smal crud catcher and sump guard do the job for me, but the RS looks like it'll need a slightly different approach as the fender extenders available doesn't look as big. I've got a Wunderlict cover for the front of the engine but wondered about putting something on the engine behind it to stop it getting water marks on the black paint and underneath needs something too as there's no sump guard, so has anybody used Lanoguard, and if so what's it like? I've used XCP Rustblocker on the FD on the GS and it protects well, but attracts the crud so interested to know how it compared to Lanoguard.
TIA

Lanoguard the underneath including underside of cylinders especially around header pipe fixings, all along the engine casing bolt tunnels and sump area. Regular applications of AFC50 everywhere else and don't get a pressure washer to close when cleaning. Crud catcher plus mudsling is a good idea as is fender extenders for the front. I use Lanoguard and swear by it for my bikes and cars...best product on the market bar none. It doesn't attract muck like XCP Rustblocker and lasts longer too...as in one application on my car underside was still going strong and in place 3 years after first application. Thinner but tougher film than XCP and won't harm rubber, plastics, electrical wiring or any metalwork. Just don't get it near your brakes.

Lanoguard the underneath including underside of cylinders especially around header pipe fixings, all along the engine casing bolt tunnels and sump area. Regular applications of AFC50 everywhere else and don't get a pressure washer to close when cleaning. Crud catcher plus mudsling is a good idea as is fender extenders for the front. I use Lanoguard and swear by it for my bikes and cars...best product on the market bar none. It doesn't attract muck like XCP Rustblocker and lasts longer too...as in one application on my car underside was still going strong and in place 3 years after first application. Thinner but tougher film than XCP and won't harm rubber, plastics, electrical wiring or any metalwork. Just don't get it near your brakes.
Thanks for the reply. Your comments about it's performance vs XCP was exactly what I was after. I've ordered a bottle tonight though with no idea when the RS will arrive I'll try it out on the GS' rear hub and some of the low down bits to see what it's like. I tried ACF50 on my 1st GS back in 2016 and didn't get on with it and still have most of the bottle left. I'm guessing it was me more than the product and probably put it on too thick as I remember my garage being enveloped in an ACF50 fog! After that I used FS365 as it was easier to use even though it meant reapplying it every time I washed the bike.

Back
Top Bottom