New bike new member

Richsea

Reaction score
Hi there just got my first bm and joined here
Wantes to ask about rear shock protection. - is there a favoured hugger for the rs ?
Also for the front thinking of a wunderlich engine guard to stop stone chips
Loving the bike just effortlessly quick and planning wales/ scotland and or france in sep

Hi there just got my first bm and joined here
Wantes to ask about rear shock protection. - is there a favoured hugger for the rs ?
Also for the front thinking of a wunderlich engine guard to stop stone chips
Loving the bike just effortlessly quick and planning wales/ scotland and or france in sep
Welcome in. Many buy the MachineArt mudsling or a chinese knock off rather than a hugger to protect the rear shock. If the RS is similar to the GS in this regard there's loads of opinions as to what's best, but to keep the crap off you there doesn't appear to be a single silver bullet, a hugger helps though.
Have a look here https://www.ukgser.com/community/threads/arrived.352330/

There's loads of chinese knock offs of the Wunderlict thingy on ebay too

I've currently got a GS but I'm jumping ship in September, mothership permitting....

I'd recommend both the crud catcher and mudsling. Main thing is protecting the shock and front engine casing. You can also buy wider rear end plastics to keep the crud from spraying up the back if concerned. Cylinder head protectors aren't a bad idea with the MachineArt ones being aesthetically unobtrusive and quite popular.

Ive got the Puig one and to be honest on its own its not very effective at keeping the crap off the bike, front engine protector is a good idea, have a look on Ali express I bought one and a set of frame bungs they arrived within 6 days and all fitted without issue, and at a fraction of the price

PS
welcome and post a picture of your bike

Rob

Many buy a hugger to protect the rear shock rather than the MachineArt mudsling or a chinese knock off.

There's loads of opinions as to what's best, but to keep the crap off you there doesn't appear to be a single silver bullet.

(see what I did there)

Many buy a hugger to protect the rear shock rather than the MachineArt mudsling or a chinese knock off.

There's loads of opinions as to what's best, but to keep the crap off you there doesn't appear to be a single silver bullet.

(see what I did there)
Thanks i picked up the mudsling and guard from nippy normans
Now figuring out luggage solutions to attach my kreigas on as the hook straps dont quite line up so a mix of kriega hook straps and rok straps should do it

The top loading Panniers on the 23plate Vstrom 1050 I just sold were simply superb on the 2000 mile Scotland trip I just did with the top loaders just made it so easy, I wish I could get them for the RS but ive not seen one with metal top loading ones on an RS
Rob

I have the standard side opening panniers and they do have a lip and straps to prevent stuff falling out but as I use liner bags it's a non issue. I didn't go for the standard top box, it's too small to be of much use. I ended up buying a shad 48 litre top box (with quick release for when you don't want it fitted) which can take up to a 10kg load or two full face lids and day to day it's what I leave fitted as its so handy and doesn't look as out of place as one of the big boxy adv-type top boxes. Using top opening panniers can be awkward with a wider than standard top box, so I'd recommend sticking with side opening ones and liner bags to keep everything in place.

Back
Top Bottom