gods country....good Friday

Richie3264

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A couple or three years back I had a cold, snowy, wet good friday ride out on the NY moors, so this year with the weather looking far better, Das Boat and I ventured to the other side of Gods country....the dales.

Bit nippley to start off with - 9 degrees and a bit misty - but we headed towards some little known lanes:D:thumb

beforeeaster2011070-1.jpg

beforeeaster2011071-1.jpg

At this stage I must appologise for for the quality of the pics, no excuses, Im just crap:comfort
We then headed off to Leyburn.
After getting to the bottom of here,

beforeeaster2011076-1.jpg

We didnt fancy going down there

beforeeaster2011077-1.jpg

So after a quick break,

beforeeaster2011078.jpg

we went back up,

beforeeaster2011079-1.jpg

as we travelled some of the fantastic lanes the sun started to burn away the mist and we were treated to some fantastic scenary and colourfull landscapes.

beforeeaster2011072-1.jpg

beforeeaster2011075-1.jpg

At Leyburn we noticed I had lost the cap From the rear resevoir:nenau so after a quick botch job :thumb we headed in the direction Tan Hill.

beforeeaster2011081-1.jpg

on the way we found this beauty

beforeeaster2011080-1.jpg

beforeeaster2011083-1.jpg

The trail split, we took the left fork which went past a Lido and a "Lord of the rings " stylee tower.

beforeeaster2011084.jpg

beforeeaster2011085.jpg

Then onto Tan Hill :jager there were lots of GS's out, probably the majority of the make and models that we saw:thumb2

After Tan hill we headed west and started a great loop which would lead us over to Hawes for an expensive and crap cup of coffee:mad:

On the way there we had a quick stop after some more great roads and I thought I would try a little "arty" shot:blast:(

beforeeaster2011089.jpg

After the crap coffee we headed over towards Bolton castle but realised time was getting on so we cut across towards Askrigg and some more fantastic scenary

looking west above Hawes
beforeeaster2011091.jpg

The road to Askrigg
beforeeaster2011095.jpg

beforeeaster2011093-1.jpg

beforeeaster2011097.jpg

115 miles and still a full tank

beforeeaster2011099.jpg

Then it was back home:(

First big ride out of the year and it was superb:thumb

Bumped into a group who were on one of Micky's weekend Doo's, hope they had a good time and to the fella in Hawes...God you can Talk:D;)

Thanks for looking and happy Easter:beer:

Richie:beerjug:

Nice one

Used to live in Leeds and spent many many hours out trail riding in the Dales and it was nice to see some old haunts in your pics. Just a shame that the ramblers (washing mouth out now) have succeeded in getting there pals at the national park to restrict access in such a big way. We used to go out early doors on a Sunday do over 150 miles, the bulk of it off road, hardly ever see a walker and not have to repeat a lane or turn back because of part closure and TRO's. Great biking area though. Off on a trip up the West Coast of Scotland next week with buddies from Leeds. I'll try and upload pics of that if I can.

Back
Top Bottom