I A M , advice needed

Next meeting should be Monday 9th May at Treeton Miners Welfare.

Tell 'em Micky sent you, I may well not be there ... off to Germany today, back home on Sunday 8th May and then straight off to Wales for a few days riding the hills with the Irish pals :thumb

:beerjug:

Wishbone, I'll be at that meeting with my other half. Starts at 8pm, but best to be there just before. Also if you go down to Meadowhall Retail Park (near to the McDonalds) about 9am on a Saturday morning there will always be a good number of people there (40-50 bikes on occasions). If you ask for the 'guidance secretary ' (Alan) he will sort out an assessment for you.

Further info here:

http://www.sheffieldiambike.com/

Just waved Micky off from Rainbow en route to Germany :)

Fran

Wishbone, I'll be at that meeting with my other half. Starts at 8pm, but best to be there just before. Also if you go down to Meadowhall Retail Park (near to the McDonalds) about 9am on a Saturday morning there will always be a good number of people there (40-50 bikes on occasions). If you ask for the 'guidance secretary ' (Alan) he will sort out an assessment for you.

Further info here:

http://www.sheffieldiambike.com/

Just waved Micky off from Rainbow en route to Germany :)

Fran

Wow !!! thanx chaps , some really good sound advice , Ive seen micky a couple of times in rainbow but never spoke to him , Im off to meadowhall in the morning so hope to see you there ,
once again lads thanx for all the great advice :thumb:thumb

Wow !!! thanx chaps , some really good sound advice , Ive seen micky a couple of times in rainbow but never spoke to him , Im off to meadowhall in the morning so hope to see you there ,
once again lads thanx for all the great advice :thumb:thumb

I won't be there tomorrow, but should be the week after. I'm sure they'll look after you :)

I've had my gs nearly a year now and i feel my confidence is growing every ride , however im very interested in taking some kind of advanced training , I did the the bikesafe course last year and enjoyed it , I read all the articles i can on better riding and try to put them into practice ,
I was speaking to a north yorks IAM observer the other day and told me it may take me approx 9 to 10 lessons to get to test standard (dependant on my skills already)
Will IAM give me the skills I need for every day riding that i can take away and use and improve on , or ! is it designed (nowdays) just to get me through the test , give me a certificate and cheaper insurance ??
Im very interested on anyones opinions on this
thanx

As you say - it all depends upon your existing skills etc. However 9-10 Observed rides seems a little excessive to me. We always aim for 6 Observed rides for an Asociate to become 'test-ready' - sometimes it is less - somtimes it is more.

Go for it - enjoy it. If you don't get on with your Observer - ask for another !

Back
Top Bottom