Volunteers???

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There are lots of nOObs around nowadays...that's good, no problems there, but they all ask the same questions that the older member also probably asked in their first 10 posts as well.......

Just wondering....does anyone fancy having a crack at producing a FAQ about the common queries???

1) Tyres

2) 'Screens

3) Seats

4) ?????

What I was thinking is a brief summary to answer things like 'What are the best tyres', then maybe a selection of posts copied in from people who've done reports on various tyres as reference material......

I can make these FAQ's sticky in the Tech forum, or they can be transferred to the links from the top of the page.... but it may well serve as a usefull reference source for all of us, and for new people joining as well.

So if anyone fancies a crack at one of these, go for it......it'd be polite to attribute any review type posts to the original postee, and to try and be as fair as impartial as possible.

Ideas/comments??

Just as an example of the need for a set of FAQ's.......this posted today......

Bigger screen or Tobinators

Questions,Question,Questions!

I have 1150 with standard screen

Get buffeting around shoulders

Will the fitting of tobinators with the standard screen stop this? Or would a bigger screen say from the ADV sort it out

Or should I buy tobinators try them with the standard screen? and if does not work fit ADV screen?

Will ADV acreen fit on standard Tobinators?

DOH or I have I just answered my own question?

What is the difference between MK1, MK2 etc tobinators?

I appologise now for my ignorance?

Great idea, and while we're at it, could we put a sticky somewhere on how to re-size images using Irfan View or similar? Me old laptop has steam coming out of it trying to download some of the huge image files on a 56K modem and a non-broadband connection. Would also have the advantage of easing storage pressure on BHT's server if we had some kind of standardised image file size.

Somebody did post something recently (moto-martin?) but it got lost in the general melee

All excellent stuff, just what I had in mind. Still need to publicise it, like the idea of a FAQ page for noobies

Re: Re: Volunteers???

wessie said:
Why not just have a click here for the FAQ at the top of the page?

Cos people don't do searches...and in fairness, there's so much information and knowledge here that's hidden away in odd threads, so it takes a bit of digging to find the best bits.

I'm going to have a go at a tyres one......that and 'screens are probably the most commonly asked nOOb questions......anyone fancy a go at the others??

Re: Re: Re: Volunteers???

Fanum said:
I'm going to have a go at a tyres one......that and 'screens are probably the most commonly asked nOOb questions......anyone fancy a go at the others??
Seeing as you have lots of helpful advice and tips but are a bit thin on the volunteers you asked for I'll do seats and I will do it for airheads and oilers cos I have experience of both, and when I've finised I'll wrap it, put a bow on it and call it a burfdy pressie :D

i need to know what tyres to fit and whats the pressure, what oil , and how much, and how do i check the levels, i've only got one rear light and i need more, and fog/spot lights, although i've no intention of riding in the dark, what waterproof clothes are waterproof, and can someone tell me if they fit me, how much fuel does my tank take, how do i change a bulb, and what do i replace it with.

no i haven't read the handbook ! you mean most of the answers are in it, why didn't anyone tell me.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

where do i find the handbook !

where do you keep yours ?

lets have a poll .

:D :D :beerjug: :D :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Volunteers???

judge said:
Seeing as you have lots of helpful advice and tips but are a bit thin on the volunteers you asked for I'll do seats and I will do it for airheads and oilers cos I have experience of both, and when I've finised I'll wrap it, put a bow on it and call it a burfdy pressie :D

*blows a big sloppy kiss*

Steptoe said:
where do i find the handbook !

where do you keep yours ?

lets have a poll .

:D :D :beerjug: :D :D

You can get five polls if you place an advert for a sandwitch filler...just ask Bakerman.:D

Re: Re: Re: Volunteers???

Fanum said:
I'm going to have a go at a tyres one......

That'll be intersting Bill, your fav tyres or a general what most people reckon....

Hard work to get it right I would say, just between metzler and michelin...

Let alone the BT0?? or the TKC???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Volunteers???

richie said:
That'll be intersting Bill, your fav tyres or a general what most people reckon....

Hard work to get it right I would say, just between metzler and michelin...

Let alone the BT0?? or the TKC???

And my Avon Gripster's brilliant (as it only cost me a tenner on eBay) :D :D

Back
Top Bottom