New Guzzis: How reliable are they?

It's strongly rumoured that the Guzzi on board computer uses USA gallons rather than imperial, which may account for your discrepancy.

It's strongly rumoured that the Guzzi on board computer uses USA gallons rather than imperial, which may account for your discrepancy.

Interesting......

Wouldn't that mean that it thinks its using less fuel and therefore the mpg would be reading higher not lower :confused:

How many new bikes do you see that really interest you?

I saw this at the bike show, assumed it was a special someone had built then discovered it's a normal Guzzi you can pick up from the showroom for £7-8k

There was nothing on the Jap stands that interested me even half as much.

(Can't say that for the Metisse stand though...:D)

PG

Attachments

• guzzi2.jpg
    guzzi2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 230
  • guzzi.jpg
    guzzi.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 230
Interesting......

Wouldn't that mean that it thinks its using less fuel and therefore the mpg would be reading higher not lower :confused:

Who knows, it's italian electrics :D

I've always found I get better MPG by working out the mileage and the litres used. I don't like these computer thingies at the best of times.

How many new bikes do you see that really interest you?

I saw this at the bike show, assumed it was a special someone had built then discovered it's a normal Guzzi you can pick up from the showroom for £7-8k

PG

The only thing wrong with that is the chrome painted plastic tank seems a bit naff rather than an alloy one. Bikers World near Coleshill built a much nice cafe special for last years show.

What you really want is one of these :drool

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FYeLmmbkFig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Off topic but I liked this at the show.

Attachments

• New 2011 Kawasaki W800 Cafe Style Side Right View.jpg
    New 2011 Kawasaki W800 Cafe Style Side Right View.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 265
Well, I picked the Vintage up a year ago today. It is a great bike with no real problems in 3500miles except a couple of bolts vibrating lose. The gearbox seems to have got better and now seems to drop into first OK at junctions. The screen didn't suit me and caused a lot of buffeting but that was sorted by taking 5" off the top of it. The bike is way more capable then I had expected and corners and stops very well: more then once other experianced riders have expressd surprise at how well it corners and goes when I have ridden out with them. It sits on the motorway at 80/90 no problem but starts to guzzle a bit at those speeds: down to about 35mpg at a guess. The Guzzi really is a pleasure to ride and has loads of character :cool:
I recently got a 1200RT (which I rate as one of the best bikes I have ever owned) I justified buying the RT to myself by thinking I would sell the ST1100 and the Cali. I have advertised the Guzzi but no luck selling. I also intended to tour the Islands off the west coast of Scotland this summer on the Guzzi but work and then loads of rain meant it didn't happen (I don't see the point of sitting on a M/C in the middle of Jura surrounded by rain and mist with visability down to 5 meters) now I am thinking I should keep the Guzzi alongside the RT and do the tour and maybe some others on it next summer................ :blast :blast :blast

Stelvio NTX 09 model

Bit late to comment here - but i had a Stelvio NTX 09 bought new which i loved riding, comfort and the engine lovely but - 8 visits for dealer repairs in two years.
1. Clutch main bearing failed
2. Front fork seal failed
3 & 4. Oil warning light on for no reason twice
5. Petrol tank cover laquer/paint lifted not petrol proof!
6 & 7. Centre stand pivot bolt fell out makes putting on the stand interesting twice (both sides) but to be fiar had this on an 04 GS1200 once as well
8. Bash plate under engine vibrated into two pieces.

The dealer was very good but I really did not want to do half my mileage riding to see them.

Now on a triple black 1200 - 8,500 miles nothing fell off yet.

Back
Top Bottom