SOS failure - Almost consistently

Might not be directly relevant, but my sos goes tits up whenever the battery gets a bit depleted. Yellow screen, call your dealer etc. Charge it up and ride a bit and a couple of days later it magically fixes itself.

The bike is not called Christine.

I've had my 1250 for nearly 4 years and up until the February the light/warning had come on maybe twice. The for most of February and March it was pretty much permanently lit - and since April it went out with no intervention and hasn't been since.
Spoke too soon.

Light came on yesterday and been on since!

This issue has appeared on my 2023 GS, i spoke to my dealer & they are aware of the issue & are awaiting a software update from BMW but not until End of May

IMG_0572.jpeg

I have had a new unit fitted, and hey presto it works, well until last week . Now have to take the bike into the dealer and get them to sort it.

This message appeared on my RS a couple of weeks ago when I wheeled it out of the garage on the morning we were heading to the ferry.
Yellow warning light so no worries, it’s okay to run with a yellow warning light….
Initial call to the dealer suggested a software update was needed but not available until sometime later in the year. I took it in for a check up anyway and it proved to be a gremlin in the system related to the software update that was applied when serviced two days previously. Sorted by my local dealer with minimum fuss as always.

Attachments

• IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 8
The more tech they fit, the more your tied to a dealer

it's all about locking you into the brand

Ask if you can have it decoded, ask yourself the question ... Do i really need it? , or was it an up sell

I had this issue when I picked up my new GSA in December. Told me some software hadn’t been correctly. They picked it up and fixed it.

Interesting. That happened once to me after stopping for petrol. 2023 GS. Never done it again. I did think it was due to a weak signal under the canopy or something like that.

Dealers usually are not happy to connect bikes for SW updates as it takes precious time for their hardware dedicated to it. I heard this story (we are waiting for a software update next month..) myself, asked to make the update NOW, for the same problem, emergency calling not working, and the problem was solved. Some ppl needed some parts replacements, but are a minority.

Back
Top Bottom