New city jacket

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi.
Any one got one of these - I'm looking for a new jacket.

I've had a tourance 1 for about 10 years and the build quality is great and the fit is perfect for me. It's got a tiny tear after an off and it's not 100% waterproof in pouring rain anymore so it's time for a change but I reckon I got my monies worth: at £500 that's £50 a year.

With that in mind I thought I'd get another BMW jacket.
I'm looking at the Tourance 2, Trail guard and new city (which is favorite at the moment).

I would be grateful for any reviews.

Thanks

Don't have any review but I tried it on and thought the buckle was in a great place to rub on the tank when getting on and off the bike :blast

Tried the Tourance today, didn't really like it (zip appeared a bit dodgy!).
Also the Ralley 3 which was a bit of a tent due to no waist belt.
Down to the Trail guard or New city although the buttons, zips etc.. seamed a bit inferior to my 11 year old Tourance.
Any comments?

Tried the Tourance today, didn't really like it (zip appeared a bit dodgy!).
Also the Ralley 3 which was a bit of a tent due to no waist belt.
Down to the Trail guard or New city although the buttons, zips etc.. seamed a bit inferior to my 11 year old Tourance.
Any comments?

I've been using a Tourance 2, for two years, your dead right about the 'dodgy' zip, my slider went after6 weeks :eek.

I've got the new City Jacket, had it only a short while so cannot comment on How waterproof it is. Good fit, warm enough, reminds me of an older style Barbour / Belstaff, which was the look I was after. Seems to be a typical BM quality item. I'm pleased :D

That's exactly what I thought. I would love a belstaff but I don't think they're a practical year round jacket.
If you do experience any rain I'd be grateful for a report.
Hopefully trying one in a couple of weeks.
Cheers

I use a Barbour International. Great jacket :thumb2

They do one identical but called the Berliner if you feel the need for armour. It either has armour or pockets to pur armour in.

*Edited to add - having had Barbour Internationals for years, they used to have a smell due to the paraffin wax but the newer ones have a silicone-based wax that doesn't smell or come off and coat everything you come into contact with. (Although I still wouldn't wear one in the car .....)

Back
Top Bottom