What do you think now?

Thats a beut ,if Steve had that trumpet he might have cleared that barbed wire, absolutely gorgeous .:thumb

PS ,theres a Orange Scrambler style Trumpet in Classic Bike Guide for sale looks a belter with a belter of a price tag .In case anyone is interested.

:cool:

DSC00763.jpg

Perfect! Is that yours?

Nice bike, just wait till some "jobsworth" pulls you up for an illegal number plate or you get an MOT failure for it!

Without doubt one of the nicest bikes I've ever seen, probably one of the the coolest too. Which is why it seems a crime to think of you owning and riding it, but if you think it might be happy in Turkey..........

Without doubt one of the nicest bikes I've ever seen, probably one of the the coolest too. Which is why it seems a crime to think of you owning and riding it, but if you think it might be happy in Turkey..........

Ha ha, cool/turkey hmmm it'll cost you:D
coldturkeyCoolClipscart0306.jpg

One of McQueen's bikes:cool:
6a00e553616db3883301156f621b47.jpg

That's cool:thumb
224615155760819948918137831081.jpg

I appreciate I may come across as a complete fecktard here but I do appreciate that it is an absolutely gorgeous bike. In fact it is only marginally less gorgeous and functional than my beautiful 1983 XT600

So my lamebrained question is, what model and year is it, and how different to standard is it ?

Tribute Bike

:confused::confused: what is it

A custom builder in the NE built it from a 1979 Tiger.

Engine was rebuilt, stainless wheels and mudguard etc. etc. many of the brackets and rear rack etc. were custom made.

Many other new parts from older models were changed to build a bike which payed tribute to some of Steve McQueens Triumphs.
Not a copy of one in particular.

I've not changed the Amal carb for a Mikuni as it just wouldn't look right but there's a couple more changes I have in mind although nothing really pressing:)

McQueen bike.
mcqueen-triumph-sand-racer.jpg

Great-escapeindian.jpg

167102101501135164934882102709.jpg

1156508519_6T2AV-XL.jpg

1156505101_a74W2-XL-1.jpg

So it would have started life like this. For many the best of the Triumph engines, basically a single carbed Bonneville, single carb runs better, simpler and more torquey.....and of course looks right.

You can see many of the changes such as the original front mudguards stays wouldn't look right, side panels etc etc etc.

It goes from this.
triumph-tiger-tr7.jpg

To this. (without that flippin caliper hanging down:D)
P1010056-XL.jpg

Oh and different tank too.
P1010062-XL.jpg

Good to ride too.
P1010059.jpg

Back
Top Bottom