What do you think now?

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, so this was before and it seems to me that the one major thing wrong with the line of the bike is that bloody awful underslung brake caliper:barf

1153649285_YEMDX-XL.jpg

Nice bike but.....
1153641979_wbHeK-XL.jpg

So what do you think now I've converted it so it's more discreet, ok I know a drum would look better but I'm quite pleased with the result.:)

P1020545-XL.jpg

P1020546-XL.jpg

Thanks Vern for helping with this as I needed to make a new mounting lug for the torque arm and 'adjus't the length of the wheel spacers etc.
P1020547-XL.jpg

Rusty disc, they all do that sir....needs riding again now:beerjug:
P1020544-XL.jpg

Funny how a small change like that can make such a big difference - defo works for me :thumb2

The ONLY thing, and it really is nit picking, is that it's a pitty the brake line doesn't go to the 'front' of the caliper rather than to the 'back' of it...........like I said, nit picking...........:)

Andres

PS That really is such a beautiful bike. If ever you decide to get rid of her........................:augie

Funny how a small change like that can make such a big difference - defo works for me :thumb2

The ONLY thing, and it really is nit picking, is that it's a pitty the brake line doesn't go to the 'front' of the caliper rather than to the 'back' of it...........like I said, nit picking...........:)

Yes, I had been considering that too but there's not much I can do at the moment other than route the line back and under but not too sure about that:confused:

Took it out into the sunshine today and actually found myself talking out loud reassuringly to her:blast...good job Ange didn't hear me:blast.....anyway started her up and the sound from the straight through pipes almost gave me a hard on:D

That's a big improvement. Could it be rotated even further forward? A bigger front wheel would look good too. Are they both 18's at the moment?

A great looking bike, classic Brit style.

That's a big improvement. Could it be rotated even further forward? A bigger front wheel would look good too. Are they both 18's at the moment?

A great looking bike, classic Brit style.

It could go a bit further forward if I shorten the torque arm, I had been concerned it would start to foul the shock but looking again it could :thumb

18" rear
19" Front

when you put pictures up to start with - when yer first got it
I thought then lovely bike and colour what the bugger have they done with the rear brake
I was invoking a "my mate Timmys rule" so I kept quiet :thumb2
Looks brill now
I like um bigtime

:agree

Nice to see it evolving. I agree with Ian too, I'd imagine there's a few that would purchase such a kit :thumb

The thing is, the last of the real:toungincheek Triumphs did have their calipers 'overslung' so could have just bought a later swing arm but would still be faced with the issue of centralising the disc in the caliper, (which is a simple job of getting the spacers right), it wouldn't be a straight swop though as the later models speedo drive was different.

When Hinkley produced their first 'Scramblers':toungincheek, I couldn't believe they'd underslung the caliper:blast

Now I compare the before and after photos again I wish I got my arse into gear and done it sooner:thumb

Right what next?...ah yes, the fuel lines are about 2" too long and that's bugging me now:rolleyes:
:)

You could always split the crank cases then put them back together badly for an authentic oil leak :D

Oy watch it, else I'll phone a moderator:tears

;):D:D

The engine was built out of mainly new parts so was hopefully put together well......failing that a quick wipe with a my hankie before anyone sees:hide

Beautiful looking bike. Would love one of those or an old BSA one day!

:cool:

DSC00763.jpg

A well set up Triumph is a one of life's pleasures. A badly setup one will be the worst thing you've ever ridden :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Arfgb6K56w0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's at the top now but ride it for 30 miles or 3 hours (whichever comes first :D) and it'll vibrate back to the bottom again.

Hence why the original location. :augie

Back
Top Bottom