Checking if your old bike is still around

Services provided by DVLA:
Vehicle details could not be found
As it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details, your enquiry cannot proceed and has been cancelled.

:blast

O well I know it went to NI but there ya go.

Ive just done a search for my yam 350lc i had when i was 18...........its on a sorn....krg105x...................wish i could get it back....i would look after it much better this time.........

Ive just done a search for my yam 350lc i had when i was 18...........its on a sorn....krg105x...................wish i could get it back....i would look after it much better this time.........

Me too. I had a Garelli Tiger cross, cant remember the reg No though:blast

My 250LC dissapeard in 1991, having at some point changed colour and my RG500 has not been seen since 1994, my FS1E actually stayed on the road longest at 14 years finally dissapearing in 1990.

Saves me worrying about the cost of getting them back, not bothered about my other previous steeds, but sad to think they have probably all been broken.

Is there a way of tracing the bike if you did actually want to try and buy it?

My Bonneville is no more but my Gold Star is still taxed and on the road, and will be worth an awful lot more than I sold it for as well.
Probably about 150 times more.
And to save you guessing, I sold it for £115.

It show's my Suzuki AP50 is still alive, or doe's it ? Colour (Blue) correct as is 49cc, and the date of first reg (1977).
But doe's that mean the bike is still alive, or just the document trail ?

I'd really like to know how you can contact the owner/s of such vehicles. Is it possible ?:nenau

Hmmm just had another look, it say's " vehicle status is "unlicensed" and no mention of SORN so maybe it's dead after all.

I guess anything over a certain age will not show as they become tax exempt.

Can you not enquire via DVLA for owner details, although I suppose this could be considered a security risk :nenau

My old 75/5 still kicking about with tax till December. Had it from 1982 to 1988. Got me back on 2 wheels again but had to go to fund a Mini for the better half as the kids got bigger. Total rebuild from blue to black.
Sold for about £750 I think :eek:

Back
Top Bottom